You Gotta Go There to Come Back

BETH'S BEDROOM:

BETH'S BEDROOM:

Bethany and Nathan were asleep in each others arms.

"So if Brooke comes home, I'm gonna act like I have amnesia, so don't freak out if I pretend not to know you." said Beth.

"Look, I think I should get back to the madness." said Nathan as Beth moans disapprovingly.

"But hey, if I could, I'd stay like this all day." said Nathan.

Beth then kisses Nathan. "Ok." said Beth.

Nathan then sits up. "Nathan, about last night..." said Beth trailing off.

"Hey, look its not about sex with me ok? When you're ready, I'll be too." said Nathan looking down at Beth.

"Come here." said Beth and sits up and kisses Nathan then lays back down.

...

SCHOOL:

Beth, Haley, and Lucas were walking outside school.

"It's not that hard, alright? Peyton and I just don't make sense as a couple. She said so herself." said Lucas.

"And then took it back." said Beth.

"Now what are you? Her lawyer?" asked Lucas jokingly.

"I'm just...look I've seen Peyton really try to make an effort to turn things around and it just sucks that she got bit the first time she reached out to somebody, you know?" asked Beth.

"Beth, I'm not the bad guy here, ok? Peyton's just too...hard." said Lucas.

"Unlike Brooke who I understand is nice and easy." said Haley.

"Hey." said Beth defending her sister looking at Haley.

"Excuse me. She makes me laugh. She's honest, she's not afraid to be herself. Ok? Plus she's not covered head to toe in issues. What's so bad about that?" asked Lucas looking at Haley.

"Yeah, Haley what's wrong with my sister?" asked Beth as they sat on a bench.

"Nothing! Nothing. If you're happy, I'm happy." said Haley to Lucas.

"Are you? Happy." said Lucas turning to Beth.

"Yeah I am." said Beth with a smile on her face.

"I hope you're right." said Lucas.

...

KAREN'S CAFÈ:

Beth and Haley were now at Karen's Café both working a shift.

"Business seems to have dropped off lately, and I'm beginning to take it personally." said Deb looking at the empty café.

"Oh don't, no, it's the University, they're on a break. It will pick up soon." said Haley as she was wiping down a table.