Life in a Glass House

TREE HILL HIGH SCHOOL:

Beth, Brooke and Peyton were walking down the stairs through the hallways of the school. Discussing what Brooke remembers from last night, as they were walking Beth to the Tutoring Center.

"All I remember is you and me and Tutor Girl, and Haley in my car, and then Lucas and Nathan, and then you said something about being into Lucas but it could have been Nathan, and I need to know." said Brooke.

"Need?" asked Peyton.

"Two of them, three of us, not plenty of fine Scott boys to go around, and your courtesy hold on Lucas has expired. And you and Nathan were so... interesting together. Plus, we could still trade off once in a while... or twice. Win-win." said Brooke as they approached Lucas who was sitting at a table where he was listening music and reading a book..

"Hey, broody." said Brooke as they approached Lucas as he takes off his earphones and puts the book down.

"Hey cheery, Beth, Peyton." said Lucas, as Beth smiled.

"So, I'll see you guys at practice?" asked Beth looking at Brooke and Peyton. 

"As always." said Peyton as Brooke smiled.

...

TUTORING CENTER:

Nathan and Beth were sitting at a table studying when Nathan gets frustrated.

"Oh, this is so stupid. What... why do we have to study history anyway?" asked Nathan.

"So we're not doomed to repeat it." said Beth.

Nathan chuckled. "What?" asked Nathan.

Beth smiled and laughed "Look, don't lose hope, okay? Tomorrow's a teacher's work day so you've got a three-day weekend to study." said Beth.

"Minus my dad's annual kiss-his-ass jamboree. Hey, I would invite you, Beth, but it's kind of a b-ball crowd." said Nathan.

"I'm already required to go since I'm a cheerleader, Nathan." said Beth.

"Yeah." said Nathan as they both smiled. 

"I made you a study guide. And, everything you need to ace your history exam..." said Beth as she hands Nathan a metal box. "...is right in this little box of tricks here-NoDoz, eye drops, number-two pencils." said Beth.

"Why don't you just text message me the answers." said Nathan.

"Oh! No." said Beth shaking her head. "So, um, just give me a call if you need anything, okay? Thanks for cutting Lucas some slack." said Beth as she stands up and puts on her side bag.

"A deal's a deal, right?" asked Nathan nodding his head.

"Right, I'll see you at the kiss your dad's ass party." said Beth walking away, as Nathan laughed.