Hanging by a Moment

INSIDE THE GYM:

INSIDE THE GYM:

Bethany is about to shoot a free throw while everyone was cheering her on.

"Tutor Girl, Tutor Girl Don't Screw Up!" cheered the crowed.

"Okay folks, this is it. Bethany Davis steps to the line with a flawless 4.0 GPA hanging in the balance. She's going to need this free throw to pass Phys-Ed. Otherwise, her perfect grade point average is history." said Mouth who was talking on the mic.

"Come on, Beth. You can do it." said Nathan.

"Don't miss it, tutor girl." said Whitey as Beth shoots the ball and it lands a few feet in front of her.

Beth suddenly wakes up from her dream and looks around her room confused, before going laying down and falling asleep again.

...

LUCAS'S ROOM:

"What's up, loser?" asked Beth when she walks in to Lucas's room who was typing on his computer.

"Hey, you. I'm just finishing up this email to my mom cause she comes back tomorrow." said Lucas making a smile emerge on Beth's face from missing Karen who was gone for the past six weeks.

"Oh cool. Tell her I said hi. You're going to call me when she gets back from the airport, right?" asked Beth.

"Oh yeah." said Lucas nodding his head.

"Cool. So, I need to borrow a couple of things from you, like your basketball and you." said Beth with a smile on her face.

"Okay, why?" asked Lucas raising an eyebrow.

"Because I'm totally flagging PE and I need you to show me how to throw a stinking free throw." said Beth.

Lucas laughed. "I would love to help you Beth, but I have stuff to do with Brooke and Peyton tonight." said Lucas.

"So you're hanging out with Peyton, and my sister without me? What are you guys doing anyways?" asked Beth making Lucas let out a sigh.

"Beth, I kind of need to talk to you about something." said Lucas making Beth think back at the time when he went with Peyton to identify the body.

"What's going on?" asked Beth, and before Lucas could answer his door opened and Brooke waled in with, and smiled at Beth.

"Hey, tutor girl." said Brooke.

"Brookie, what's up? Why are you guys hanging out without me?" asked Beth.

"You could always come Peyton's, I just figured you would be hanging out with Nathan tonight." said Brooke.

Lucas turned to look at Beth. "Never mind. Rain check?" asked Lucas.

Beth nodded her head. "Don't worry about it guys, You kids have fun." said Beth, and Brooke nodded and gave Beth a smile before Brooke turned to Lucas.