Chapter 9: Greetings

Azuki POV

"*groan*" I slowly push myself up and glance around the room. The rising sunlight coming in through the blinds meets my gaze, blinding me. I wince and bury my head back into Midnight's chest. 

I glance up. Resting my eyes on Midnight's sleeping face. His soft breathing, his beating heart, a stray strand of hair resting over his eyes. I smile and brush it behind his ear, making him shift and groan in his sleep. He brought his dangling arm up and rested it on my back. His hand slowly snaked its way down to my butt. I gasp a bit, but relax.

"Even in his sleep, he's a perv." I move his hand off of me and nestle into his chest.

"A...zu...ki..." Midnight softly said in his sleep.

"Aww...He's dreaming of me...Wait...perv" I smile to myself and pull the covers back over myself. His body is so warm and comforting, each breath he takes gently inflates his chest. It feels like I'm being rocked back to sleep .

"No...No...Leave...Them...Alon--" Midnight groaned in his sleep. His speech was cut off by a grunt as he brought his rest on my back.

"A nightmare..." I move his hand off of me and move up to nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck.

"Don't worry..." I whisper into his ear. "Everything will be okay." I gently place a kiss on his cheek. He gently smiles and shuffles the back of his head deeper into the pillow.

"Well it is still early..." I lay down besides Midnight, wrapping one of his arms around me. "Just 5 more minutes..."

Midnight POV

"Guhhh...." My eyes slowly open as I begin to regain my consciousness. The sunlight was piercing through the curtains, sending a ray of light to the ceiling. I look down to see my arm wrapped around Azuki's body. Her head was laying in the bend of my elbow, my hand resting on her diaphragm with hers gently grasping my forearm.

"Guess I'm stuck her for a while..." Her sleeping face looks so peaceful, so calm, so carefree. A light blush and a small smile only amplified her adorable physique and stature.

My body moves on its own, and I plant a light kiss on her cheek. She smiles in her sleep and nuzzles a little deeper into my elbow.

I move my tail to gently rub her nose, making her face scrunch up a bit. She let go of my arm and swatted at my tail. I quickly remove my arm, letting her head back down on the pillow. I go to stand up, slowly pushing my body off the couch. Her legs suddenly wrap around mine a she grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

"J-just f-five more m-minutes, p-p-please?..." She says, avoiding eye contact.

I sigh and lay back down. Azuki crawls on top of my chest and rests her head. Her small hands grasp the front of my shirt while she nuzzles her cheek against me. She nudges my arm. I assume she just wants me to cover her with the blankets. I grab the blankets and pull them over myself and Azuki. She turns her head and looks towards the window.

"I-I'm sorry I hit you..." She says meekly.

"It's alright." I respond quietly. I move my head up to start rubbing her head. She lets out a purr, but shakes her head to get my hand off of her.

"No...It isn't alright..." She clutches the front of my shirt tighter. "I-I-I haven't been able to c-control myself and I-I've been blaming it on you..." He voice is quiet and keeps breaking mid-sentence. "I-I'm sorry...I-I'm so sorry..." She gets out. Her tears slowly begin to drip onto my shirt. I bring my hand up to her cheek and gently wipe away her tears.