Chapter 1: Unexpected Introductions

??? POV

I was running through a thick forest, encased in the darkness of the night. The only light I could see was the light blue shine of the moon. The lab security close behind. I had finally got out of that god forsaken lab, finally free from those sadistic psychos. 

  "Just keep running. You're faster than they are." A voice in my head said.   

"I know, I kno--" I began, before hearing the sound of bullets going past my head.

"You aren't faster than bullets though...So book it!"

"I'm trying!" 

"Get into the trees. It'll give you some time to figure a better way out of here!"

"Got it!" I flexed my hand, extending my long, razor sharp nails. I jump onto the closest tree, digging my claws into the bark. I shot my arms down, sending my body higher up the tree, until I reached the top. 

"Stay quiet...They might not know which tree you're up."

I listen carefully with these damn cat ears they gave me. 

"Where'd he go?!" I hear a soldier shout.

"I don't know. Keep looking! He's gotta be here somewhere!" Another yells. I let out a light sigh of relief.

"*fweh* Now I can rest *pant* for a sec."

"Good thing I was here to help."

"Yeah...whatever...What's your name anyways?"

"I'm Cyan, I live in your head."

"Figured that much. So...Where am I going next?"

"I don't actually know...*gasp* Look! A city!"

I turn my body around while standing on the treetop. In front of me stood a bright city, no more than a few miles away. The lights were bright an dazzling, I was shocked from the first glance.

"Well...Looks like that's where I'll start my new life. *Deep breath, then sigh* My new future."

"Just be careful...You now you're the only one of your kind."

"I know that...Until today, only catgirls have been out to the public...Now, I roam free. Me, the first "Catboy" or  "Male Humanoid Cat Person.""

"Let's stick with "Catboy", for simplicity's sake."

"Whatever you say Cyan. Now lets move."

"Alright, Midnight...or would you prefer a new name?"

"Nah, I always like my name. I just hate the people that gave it to me." I say before releasing my claws again, jumping from treetop to treetop. 

"I see him! Open fire!"

"Damn it." I say quietly, quickening my pace. One of the soldiers had spotted me in the trees and had alerted the others near by. I hear there guns firing wildly into the air.

"Gah!" One of the bullets clipped my right side, sending a shock of pain through my body.

"Keep moving!" Cyan shouts as I feel the pain reduce to nothing.

"What *pant* happened?"

"I dulled your sense of pain. You're still hurt, you just won't feel it. Now keep moving! They'd never enter the city with military grade assault rifles!"

"I'm trying!" I keep speeding up, each step leading me to a new and better life. After a few minutes of continued running, jumping and dodging bullets, I take one last giant leap, landing on top of one of the buildings in the city. I turn my head to see the guards stop at the edge of the forest. They lower there guns and turn back, walking deep into the forest.