Chapter 7: The Bake-Off Starts Now

Midnight POV

"The rules are simple." Mika begins. "We will have 3 hours to bake something. Whoever bakes the best tasting, and looking, item wins."

"Sounds simple enough....And who are they?" I ask, pointing over to 3 people in suits.

"Oh, them? They're our judges." She says innocently.

"Something seems fishy. Look at their jackets, they're all embroidered with the same logo." Cyan pointed out. He was right though, each jacket had a pink rose stitched to the right lapel.

"Quick question. These 'judges', do they happen to work for you?" I ask.

"Why yes..." She smiles mischievously at me. "...they do."

"Fuck."

"Now then..." Mika took out a cooking timer and set it to three hours. "...We can start...1, 2, 3. Now!" She yells, beginning to gather ingredients from everything she's brought with her.

"Why the hell did I agree to this?" I ask myself as I walk into the kitchen.

5 Minutes later

"...I can't take this anymore." I tell Cyan, whose sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

"Take what?" He asks. Moments later, a cameraman and some reporter get right besides me.

"So, what are going to make to combat the Neko Queen of Baking?" She ask, putting a microphone in front of my face.

"This is what I can't take. It's been five minutes, and I've already had, like, 7 of these people get in my way."

"I'm making a cake." I answer coldly.

"What kind?"

"Wha--I don't know. I'll figure it out." 

"You mean you don't have a plan?"

"I have a plan. It's to destroy that tiny Neko at her own game. Now if you'll excuse me..." I begin to push them towards the door. "I have work to do." I pull the door shut behind me, unfortunately, there's no lock on them. One after another, the reporters flood in, bombarding me with questions. Because of this, I haven't even started making anything.

"Alright! That's it! I can't take it!" I yell as I run out of the kitchen, making my way up stairs. I get to the door at grasp the handle and glance over my shoulder. "No cameras, or people, in here." I say coldly to the following reporters. I open the door and slam it shut behind me, making sure to lock it.

"What the hell was that about?" Cyan asks.

"I can't handle all that. It's distracting. I need my headphones." I go to open the door to my room, but it's locked. "...What the hell? Whatever..." I give the doorknob a hard turn. Since it isn't a very good lock, a hard turn will make it unlock. I push the door open to find 3 sleeping, naked, catgirls in my bed.

"...I don't even wanna know." I say to myself as I open my nightstand's drawer. I dig around for a second to find my black headphones, with red and gold accents on the actual piece that covers my ears.

"Wait a minute...If you wear those, then all those reporters will know you're a catboy."

"I know...I think I should let the world know about me..."

"Why? You've been trying so hard to hide it! Why stop now?"

"If I can get the world to know about me, Dominick won't come after me. It'll draw in too much suspicion if the world's only catboy 'suddenly' goes missing. And if anything happens at the bakery where this catboy works..."