Regret

When Kasey woke up she was in shock. She thought she was dead. He head was pounding and was in pain. Her vision was somewhat blurry as she looked around the room. She saw a figure in front of her but couldn't see if it was Daimon. She didn't take her eyes off of the figure until she could focus and actually see who it was. It wasn't Daimon. He looked sophisticated, he was wearing a gold button down vest with a dingy white undershirt. His hair was made up of dreadlocks, that were partially tied back while the rest hung on his shoulders, barely reaching the top of his pectoral muscles. His skin was a very dark brown, a smooth and healthy looking ebony. He looked at Kasey with his Golden eyes.

"Hello." He smiled showing his fangs which appeared to be slightly longer than Daimon's.

"Can you help me! I need to get home! I need to make sure my mom is safe!" Kasey said in a hurry. Even though she felt weak she struggled and shook her chair to try to escape. 

"Let her out. Take her to her mothers Marcellus. Trust me it'll be interesting."  Valeria's calming voice echoed in Marcellus' head. 

Marcellus then walked over to Kasey and cut the ropes from behind her back. He wrists were red and irritated, almost bleeding in some spots. He then grabbed her and forced his wings to expel themselves from his back. Kasey was worried but went along with it anyways, he did let her out after all. Marcellus then walked outside and began to fly through what was left of the darkened night sky. He dropped Kasey off on her mothers front porch and she darted inside. Once Kasey was inside Marcellus slowly followed.

"MOM! MOM ARE YOU HERE!!" Kasey screamed as she ran up the stairs to her mothers room. Charlotte swiftly walked out of her room. 

"Kasey, honey, what's wrong? Why are you screaming!" Charlotte began to hug Kasey. Relieved Kasey hugged back. She didn't want her mother to worry and she remembered what happened last time she mentioned Daimon so she slowed her breathing and responded.

"I just has a really bad nightmare. Sorry for waking you up." Kasey let go and smiled at her mom.

"That's okay baby bat! No worries." 

Kasey vision began to go in and out again. Switching between focusing and not. She then heard her stomach growl. 

"Kasey are you hungry? I know it's only 4 am but i can make you some breakfast." Charlotte seemed worried. 

"I guess i could go for some food and coffee." Kasey laughed it off. Her and her mom then began to walk down the stairs to the kitchen. Marcellus saw this and silently hid in the shadows.

About 30 minutes later Kasey had ate a plate of Bacon and eggs and was on her second cup of coffee. Even though she had ate she still felt hungry. 

"So, I am glad you've been spending time over here with me sweetie." Her mother started a conversation. 

"Me too mom. I know it's been a long time. I've just been stuck in a rut emotionally. Not sure why." Kasey was quite. "I didn't have a problem with you or anything you've done. I've just been emotionally upset."

"It's okay love, you're growing up. You're on your own now and I still love you. always have and always will." Charlotte smiled, walked over to Kasey and hugged her. A few seconds after Kasey pushed her mom away. 

"What's wrong!?" Charlotte was now concerned. Not long after Kasey pushed her mom away she ran over to the trash can and puked into it, everything she had just ate now in the trash. She was light headed and couldn't stand up straight the room was now spinning and dark. "KASEY! are you okay? oh god, i'm gonna call an ambulance. That head injury is worse than i thought!" 

Charlotte ran to the counter and picked up her cell phone dialing 9-1-1. Kasey blocked out all sounds ,and looked over to her mother. She gave off a heavenly glow, Kasey then could hear a thumping and rush of something. She soon realized it was her moms heart beat and rush of blood. She went into a trance like state walking over to her mom. 

"Kasey, you're gonna be okay!! The ambulance is on it's way okay!" Charlotte was in a frantic state. 

"Mommy..." Kasey muttered quietly, unable to control her actions at this point. Charlotte looked over to her. "...Run!" Kasey knew what had happened when Daimon kidnapped her, she knew what she was about to become. Charlotte looked confused. 

It was then Kasey lunged at Charlotte, fangs visible and eyes pitch black.

"KASEY WHAT THE HELL! STOP BABY PLEASE!" Charlotte was screaming in agony as Kasey tore chunks out of her mothers throat and began drinking the fresh, warm blood that was rushing out. Kasey knew what she was doing yet had no control over her actions. Tears were now running down her pale, lifeless face. Charlotte went limp and stopped struggling. 

"Baby bat... I ... love.. you---" Kasey had now killed her own mother. Marcellus then entered the room while clapping slowly. 

"Great job Kasey! Really great job." Marcellus laughed. 

Kasey was now out of the trance like state and was holding on to her mother. 

"Mom!! Please! No, god no! MOM!!!!" Kasey was yelling as loud as she could, as if the louder her scream the better the chance of turning back time. " I didn't get to tell you.... I love you too mom." Kasey was numb again like before. She felt nothing but agony and pain. She didn't wish to live. Kasey wished Daimon would have actually killed her. 

Marcellus heard the ambulance in the distance and walked towards Kasey. 

"We must leave."

"NO!" Kasey yelled." I want them to kill me! I want to die!" 

"We can deal with that later but as for now we must go."

"I'm not leaving." Kasey whispered looking down at her mothers lifeless, and bloody body. 

Marcellus sighed and ran over to Kasey picking her up. He then ran out of the house while she was kicking and screaming. 

It was at this same time that Daimon returned to the old house on earth. He looked around and noticed that Kasey was missing. He was immediately pissed off. While at the castle talking to his father, king Alaric, he was told that the girl was not yet dead and he would have to return and finish her off before returning. Daimon stormed through the house and slammed open the front door, only to see Marcellus carrying Kasey up to the entrance.

"Hello Daimon. I found your dinner. Make sure you finish your meal next time before leaving." Marcellus smiled knowing that himself and Valeria are the reasons that Kasey is a Vampire now.