Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 14)

So that’s how my story began, with us all sitting around planning our next move. After I’d calmed down, I’d managed to explain what I’d seen and a plan had quickly been formulated. The only issue was how to find Shiva.

“No-one knows where he is” Jock pointed out “God we don’t even know who he is”

I sigh, just thinking about Charlie and how he’s been taken. I thought he’d be safer without me but it looks like I’d just left him defenceless to Shiva.

I closed my eyes in regret.

“Maybe Kali can find him” Celeste pointed out “I mean she was dreaming that he’d been taken. Maybe she can find him”

I looked down at my lap. What if that’s true? I placed my right hand over my burnt left one. A cinder, a cloud of ash began to arise from it, and changed into a burning ball of fire.

It floats a little in front of me, and bobs around the room. I flick my fingers out and the ball flicks forwards a little bit, and begins to float out of the barn. Standing to my feet, I follow it, and it leads us out into the dark.

“I didn’t know I could do this” I tell the group, who also stand to their feet and follow me. “Are we following it?” I ask, and Misty nods.

“It’ll lead us to Shiva... And to Charlie” She agrees, and we follow the flaming ball into the darkness.

We walk in silence for about twenty minutes, simply following the ball through the dark. Suddenly it stops, and explodes into a ball of ash.

“Looks like we’re here” I whisper nervously, and turn my attention towards the big abandoned house in front of us.

There is a faint glow around it, but nothing too flashy or attractive. As we walked towards it, my left hand with Shiva’s mark on it began to glow and burn.

We go in through the front door. There is no one around, and we take tentative steps forwards. Suddenly, we hear a large explosion, and I hear a male scream.

“Charlie!” I shout, knowing the voice could belong to no one else. Desperately, I look around but I can’t see him anywhere. There are so many rooms.

“Let’s split up!” Jock shouts to us, and I summon the fire cloud from my hand. I whisper Charlie’s name to the fire, and it surges forwards. I break into a sprint after it, and I skid to a halt.

I see Charlie.

He’s chained to the wall, behind a large red chair. All around the room are luxury items, large chairs and sofas and lamps. There are cushions around the room, and for a moment I wonder why.

And then I see the women.

Several gorgeous women come out of the darkness and surround me. The fireball extinguishes and leaves me alone at the mercy of them.