Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 7)

/////-//

Groggily, I attempted to sit up, and on my fourth attempt I did. I blinked a few times, amazed at how clear everything suddenly was. Shakily, I reached for my bag.

My library bag was no-where to be seen.

Confused, I reached for my school bag instead, and rumaged through it until I found my compact mirror. I grabbed it, flicking it open with a desperately curious thumb.

I looked so different!

Before I had a lump in my nose from where I once got hit in the nose, but now it was smooth and shaped perfectly, not to mention my non existent pores. Also, it complemented my new shaped face, which was more heart shaped.

Sparkling like diamonds, my new white teeth glimmered in their two perfect rows; but I couldn't see any awkward looking teeth e.g Fangs, or anything vampire-ish like that. Although, my teeth weren't the only things that were glimmering.

Hanging from my neck was a delicate silver necklace, and it had a name on it. The fancy loopy writing read 'Kali'. I had no idea what that was supposed to mean. I de;lved into my trouser pocket, and fished out my phone.

The date read Sunday; two days from when I had last checked. Two whole days. I had been unconcious for two days! Hurridley, I got to my feet, and brushed off excess leaves from my clothes.

I noticed my school uniform was now too big, meaning that I'd finally lost that puppy fat weight.I must have lost weight when I...Changed.

Without warning, and as if from no-where, a girl about my age appeared from no-where, popping up in front of me.

"I should have known you'd wake up! I only left for two minutes, and when I come back you've woken up! Anyway, my name's Celeste" I could tell that this Celeste was a tad eccentric just by the over-hyper way that she spoke.

When she paused for breath, I saw her staring at my necklace. "And your Kali! C'mon, you must be hungry, let's go meet the others!" She began to skip away, until she noticed that I wasn't following her.

"My names not Kali" I corrected her, and she walked back towards me, and placed a soothing hand on my shoulder.

"It is now" She whispered softly, all that energy from moments ago now gone. I could tell this was a touchy subject for her "You have to change, you're not who you used to be. You have to become unrecognisable. It's hard, and it'll hurt more than anything, but its to protect yourself and people you love"

"Oh" I replied softly, processing this. I looked at Celeste, and she smiled sypathetically at me. She was extremely pretty in a goth/punk/elf kind of way. I noticed her necklace was yellow, a really bright vivid yellow, and I wondered what her name was before she became Celeste.

I stared down at my own necklace, hanging around my neck.

Still silver.

"It changes colour when you find your calling" Celeste explained, seeing that I was staring.

"My what?" I asked, confused, and slightly in disbelief of what Celeste had just said.

"Calling" She repeated "It's basically who you drain to survive. For example, I drain people who abuse or neglect animals"

"Right" I replied slowly, nodding my head and smiling, hoping this would make the crazy lady go away, and that I'd wake up and find that all of this was just a dream. That didn't happen.

"The others will tell you more about it, c'mon, follow me!"

And for some strange reason, I did, and I couldn't for the after life of me explain why.

We walked for about 10 minutes. Me in silence, trying to absorb everything that I'd learned, and with Celeste talking to herself about something I'd lost track of 10 minutes ago.

Then suddenly she stopped.

"We're here!" She trilled exicitedly, running inside, and leaving me in her dust. We were at what looked to be an abandoned barn. Nervously, I followed Celeste in.

Including Celeste, there were 4 other vampires. An atheletic looking boy was sitting next to an incredibly pretty girl, prettier than both Celeste and I combined. She must have been a model before she was a vampire.

They introduced themselves as Jock and Misty.

Due to their body language towards each other, they were obviously a couple. Celeste walked over to a tanned and well toned (not as heavily as Jock though) boy, who she introduced as her boyfriend, Andros.

I suddenly felt like the 5th wheel.

I felt eyes on me, and I followed my senses to find Jock staring at me. He had a serious look on his face, and although I felt like screaming and peeing myself, I held his gaze.

"It's time to find your calling" He informed me. Jock told me to breathe deeply, and focus on the scent I craved most-Blood. At first I was worried, afraid of what would happen, but I trusted myself, and did as Jock instructed.

I breathed in.

Inside my mind, I saw a shady bedroom, half hidden in shadow, with a woman crouched next to a drawer. She was sobbing and wailing while a man shouted and yelled abuse to her. My blood began to boil, and I felt my fists clench.

The scene disapeared.

The group were staring at me, and I informed them of what I had seen, and they broke into excited chattering.

"So, your telling me my calling is to help women of domestic abuse by draining the men?" I said slowly, trying to simplify the process so my tired mind could understand it.

"Yep!" Celeste confirmed excitedly.

"Look, once you've drained your first person, you'll understand" Jock began, and I suddenly realised that he wasn't exactly so fond of me being here.

I sensed that he wanted to kill me, becasue the group couldn't take another person with all their baggage. This worried me.

If I was excluded from the group, I was sure Vampire Guy would come back for me, and he would be furious that I had escaped. I didn't know what he wanted me for, so this very much concerned me if I was casted out by this group: Easy pickings for Vampire Guy.

I had to show them I could handle this, that I wasn't just going to create more problems.

"Let's do it then!" I smiled reassuringly at the group "I want to start making a difference right now!" I told them excitedly.

I was determined that I was staying with them.

No matter what.

***************************************************************************************************

Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy with my other stories. Please vote, as my total is 399 and I reaaaaaaaally need just one more vote, but more would be even better!!! XD

What do people think then?

Questions;

Who is Vampire Guy?

What about Charlie?

Will she ever get to see her old friends again?

What does Vampire Guy want with her?

Will BlackRose54 ever remember the real name for Vampire Guy?

Please answer in the comments, it would mean so much to me!!! All answers will get chapters dedictaed to them!!!! XD

Thanxxx for reading my little Vampires

Fangs XD xxx

BR54 <3 LUFCSW 4EVA!!!!

Vote

Comment

Fan

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!