Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 12)

“S-Sam, is that you?” Charlie gasped, unable to force any more words out of his mouth. He began to walk towards me, slowly but surely.

“Its Kali now” I corrected him, still in awe that he was actually there.

“Kali?” He repeated “What happened to you? You’re so different!”

“Good different right?” I asked him, as a queasy feeling came to my stomach.

“You look amazing” He placed a pause on the word amazing. I think he was shocked that I was actually here. By now, he’d reached me. I looked deep into his brown eyes, amazed by how much I missed them.

“Hi” I giggled. He pulled me into a hug.

I can’t even begin to describe how good Charlie’s hugs were. It had only been a short while, but I missed the warm embrace of Charlie’s sexy, toned arms. Oh yeah, my boyfriend was ripped.

He was extremely ripped, in fact.

He released me and took to placing his hands on the side of my face, as if h was checking that I was really there with him.

I inhaled; desperate to try and memorise the sweet scent of his that I craved so much. I breathed it in so much I went light headed. In a good way though.

Charlie was still staring at me until he tilted his head and pressed his lips to mine. Instantly a million fireworks exploded inside me and lit me up like a fireworks show. I could not believe the love and adoration I felt for him, it almost consumed me from the inside.

Unfortunately he released me all too quickly, and walked around the school bathroom, shaking his head in disbelief.

“I’m sorry, I just had to check that it’s actually you” He turned to face me again.

“It’s totally fine!” I gushed, swept up in the moment. Then I realised what a complete and utter idiot I sounded. Be cool, I mentally scolded myself.

“Sam- I mean, Kali, where have you been? What happened to you? Why do you look so different?” He asked anxiously

“Gosh, what is this? 20 questions?” I joked, smiling cheesily at Charlie. The stern look on his face wiped the grin off mine.

“Look, Kali, or Sam, or whatever your name is. You don’t turn up at my house, you disappear off the face of the Earth, and with only one text telling me that you weren’t coming back, for God knows how many days. Then out of the blue you text me saying you want me to meet you here. And you come looking completely different, saying you have a new name too. And when I ask you what happened, you go and make a joke out of it!” He exploded suddenly, and in shock I took a few steps away from him, taken aback by his sudden outburst.

I sighed “Look, it’s a really long, complicated story that takes a whole lot more than ten minutes” I explained, feeling guilty that I couldn’t tell him.