Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 9)

/////-////

Briskly, I shook the heart shattering thought from my head, and I took a deep breath. Forget the boy, get new hair, forget the boy, get new hair, forget the hair, no the new boy, no forget the boy get the hair...

I'd become flustered in my frenzied thoughts. Thoughts about Charlie, and my new hair options, but mostly Charlie. Right now, I didn't wanna think about that, but however hard I tried Charlie kept creeping his way back in.

Forget that; my next stop was the hairdressers.

Attempting, succeeding this time, to get rid of mental Charlie, I entered the hairdressers, inhaling the sweet smell of hairspray and shampoo's. There was a strong aroma of strawberry, and other fruits, but strawberry was definitely distinctive.

Striding towards the front desk, I kept everyone and everything in the corner of my vampire enhanced eye.

"Hi, I'd like a total new haircut and colour, is that okay?" I asked. The worst they could do was say no, and if that was the case I'd go to the downtown instead. And if they couldn't squeeze me in (very unlikely, as everyone I knew came here), I'd do it myself.

A tad snootily, the primped woman behind the counter said they could fit me in. Thanking her, I went and sat in one of the waiting chairs. A woman with a Prada handbag moved slightly so I could sit down.

I could see the lady at the counter (her name-tag read Annette) keeping her eyes on me, her thin rimmed glasses kept on the end of her nose. She was peeping at me over the top of her glasses. Carefully, she adjusted her glasses with scarlet fingernails, and then looked at her computer, and began typing away.

In the shop, there was only me, two other women getting their hair done, two women doing the hair, the Prada bag woman, and the snooty receptionist. Bored, I watched them.

After a few seconds of watching the receptionist tap away on her little computer I was bored, and watching hair being cut wasn't the most interesting thing in the world either. The woman beside me though, she was interesting.

I watched her texting on her phone, but she didn't notice me, as I was leaning in the other direction (once again I used my enhanced vampire senses). On her BlackBerry, her thin fingers pressed the buttons rapidly, making it obvious she was distressed.

PW (Prada Woman): Its not my fault she's gone. U should have stayed with her.

MR (Mystery Replier): I don't have time. She's different from the rest. I can sense her power even though she's not here. I want her found.

PW: I don't have time to find her. I was your third, I don't have time to find the rest of the herd

I could tell from here that Prada Woman didn't like being told what to do, and this guy she was texting obviously thought he owned her. Third though, what did that mean? Are they in one of those polygamist relationships?

MR: I don't have time for your complaining ryhmes either. Find her, or you'll be the next to go.

Woah, was he going to divorce her?

PW: Whatever. You want her, YOU find her.

Huffily, Prada Woman stood up, and stalked over to the seat in front of the hairdresser when her name was called. My name was called just moments after hers, and I followed her, and sat in the seek looking black seat.

The girl cutting my hair look to be in her early twenty's, blonde hair backcombed so her dark roots were showing, but in a way that made her look cool. At least she'd have style, I could tell with how she was dressed.

" 'Ello lovey, what am I doing for ya today?" She asked, brushing my hair out so it was silky and not knotty (like it had been, since waking up in a bush didn't do wonders for your hair).

"Well, I'd like my hair doing to about here" I pointed to myself, and the woman nodded "But not in my face, as I'd also like it layering through. Could you suggest a colour tone for me, to dye my hair, because I'd like it dying, but I don't know what colour would suit me"

"Gotcha, lovey" The woman said, and she began holding up pieces of sample hair to my face. "Lovey, I think you'd suit a blonde" She said eventually, and I just nodded.

Quietly, she got to work, making small talk with me about school and holidays and my friends. I didn't tell her I was now a member of the walking dead, and that I was sired by a homeless guy on a park bench.

I'd closed my eyes and she cut and styled my hair. It was cold when she dyed it, but I still refused to look. When she was done, and when I finally opened my eyes, I wanted to be surprised.

"I'm done lovey, I hope ya like it!" She squealed, and began sweeping my brown hair up from the ground. Nervously, I opened my eyes.

I gasped.

Exactly how I wanted it, my hair was punky and layered and classy and brilliant and ah-mazing all at once! It was a Hannah Montana shade of blonde, but it really suited me.

Repeatedly, I ran my fingers through it, loving the way it felt. I looked pretty; genuinely pretty, something I'd hardly ever experienced before.

Happily, I paid and left the store, skipping as I left. I skipped all the way back to the barn, and as I walked with an obvious spring in my step, people kept staring at me.

But staring at me in a good way.

As I walked back to the barn, I thought about what the others would think to my new look. I wondered if they had done what I had, and if so what they looked like before. I bet Jock still had his tattoo's when he was alive, and I bet Misty had always been blonde too.

I bet Celeste would have changed, but I think Andros would have stayed the same. I assume Andros is one of those people that fades into the background, and the only time anyone notices him is when the fear of him disappearing completely arises.

But, more important that my new look, what would they think to the disintegration of Rick?

The possibilities were endless.

Soon, I reached the barn, and I went in. The overall rating from everyone was that I looked awesome, and I got 5 stars from everyone, except Jock. He gave me 4 stars because he thought I looked too much like Hannah Montana, and apparently he she 'shakes the boxers off' him.

When all the excitement had died down, and I had a moment alone, I checked my phone. No new messages. Charlie hadn't text back. Maybe it was better that way, maybe it would help me move on.

Later that evening we were all sitting around the fire, started by Andros. They excitedly asked me about my first draining, and I told them that it went well. That cause a smile from all of them.

Then I just happened to slip in about my disintegration.

Shocked and puzzled, they all exchanged glances and looked at me, serious expressions on all of their faces. All at once, they broke into nervous chatter, high pitched voices and low growling emerging from them.

I continued sitting there, twiddling my thumbs and humming to myself. Calmly, I stared at them, until they all became silent and turned around to stare at me again. Suddenly I felt nervous.

"Is this a bad thing then?" I asked.

*********************************************************************************************************

Dedicated to courtniibabesxx because she didn't think I was going to update. I did! Ha! :P Hee, I hope you enjoyed it, even if it was a bit of a boring chapter. It'll (hopefully) get better for you readers!

Please:

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Thanxxx for reading!!!