Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 5)

/////

School was now wonderful or uncomfortable depending on who you are.

For Martha and Flick, it was a wonderful opportunity to bask in togetherness, having unsuprisingly gotten together at the bonfire the previous night. Martha had excitedly told me about it when we met up at school.

"I told him I was sorry about what happened with Megan, and he said it hurt, but he was glad because he'd started to like someone else anyway and that was me! I told him I liked him too, and we kissed!"

Like typical girls, we squealed excitedly about what had happened. Then I told her about Charlie. We squealed more.

Walking like he's some sort of terrified woodland creature, Flick came and found Martha, and together, hand in hand, they walked to class.

Leaving me alone in the corridor.

Until Charlie came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Morning Fangs"

FANGS?!

Was I imagining that, or did he actually just call me that?!

"Fangs?!" I squeaked, and he chuckled

"Yeah, I was thinking about what happened with Megan, and you looked like you were gonna eat her or something yesterday. Fangs just popped into my head at four 'o' clock in the morning"

Wow...Charlie was thinking about me at 4 'o' clock in the morning?

The conversation between us fell into awkward silence, as did the rest of the canteen. An icky feeling entered my stomach. What if this was all our relationship was? Awkward conversations in between even awkwarder silence...

I want to know what he's thinking.

I want to kiss him too.

Did he want the same?

Finally he broke the silence.

"Are you thinking the exact same as I am?" He asked

"Maybe, what are you thinking about?" I replied mysteriously, with a hint of flirty.

"How nice your lips look, and how much I want to kiss you-" Charlie began, and never finished, because I grabbed his shirt and pulled his lips down to meet mine. He retaliated immediately, pulling my waist against him and moving his lips with mine.

So school is wonderful for us now too.

Not so much though for the hated it couple of the moment, Mouse and Megan. Flick, Martha, Charlie and I are annoyed at them for cheating, Mouse is annoyed at Charlie and I for kissing, and Megan was annoyed at Flick for getting another (nicer and prettier) girlfriend so quickly.

Still, Martha, Flick, my amazing boyfriend Charlie and I were all friends, so I don't really care what happens to Mouse and Megan.

It's break, and we're doing some chillaxing in the canteen, lounging around our favourite table. The latest gossip was circling around us, and as I'm at the centre of it all, I already knew it all.

So I zoned out.

But I really wish I hadn't.

I had a vision- if you want to call it that. It was sunny, and I was walking through the local park with a bag on my shoulder, I couldn't tell which one. Then, a man that I didn't recognise came up behind me, and well he...Bit me on my neck.

Like a vampire would.

"Sam! You're bleeding!" Charlie shouted at me, but his voice wasn't clear, it was clouded. I realised hearing him that I couldn't move, I couldn't blink, couldn't speak.

As though I was being controlled, my tongue poked out of my mouth to lick the side of my lips. The taste that burned on my tongue was so distinctive, it couldnt have possibly been anything else.

Blood.

I had just tasted my own blood.

And it tasted good.

Suddenly, I blinked. I was regaining feeling. Flexing my fingers, and wiggling in my seat, I checked that I was okay. Thankfully,  I could move again. I slid out of the canteen seat, getting to my feet and giving my body the check over.

Charlie slid out after me and was now standing in front of me. He pulled me into a reassuring hug, stroking my hair to relax me.

"Don't scare me like that okay Fangs?" Charlie whispered into my hair.

"Y-Yeah, okay" I croaked, my voice hoarse from the shock. Charlie released me, and I dove into my bag, wanting a drink to rehydrate my throat. I pulled out my water from my bag and placed it to my lips.

I looked down, and saw what it was that I was about to swallow. Full to the top, almost overspilling, was blood.

Did I dare drink it?

Was I just seeing it as blood, or did everyone else see it as blood as well?

Despite me liking the taste 2 minutes ago, I daren't drink it. I jammed the lid back on and shoved it back in my bag.

"Sam, are you sure you're okay. You're acting stranger than usual!" Martha asked, laughing a little at her own joke.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I-I need some air" I mumbled, trying to make sense of what was happening. Georgie, the drama teacher, the paralysis, the blood bottle. What next?

"I'll come with you!" Charlie told me, as he took my hand and gently led me outside. Although I breathed in and my head felt better, my heart was still thundering against my chest.

"Sam, I know we've only been together a day, but do you want to come round tonight? We could study for that geography test next week"

"Yeah, that sounds brilliant" I smiled at him and he grinned back. It was plastered all over his face how pleased he was with himself. "I'll be round about 5ish, because I want to call at the library and return some books. I could see if they have anything on the geography subject"

"Sounds cool"

BRRRRRIIIINNNNGGG!!

The school bell rang shrilly in my ear, and I jumped as I didn't expect it. The end of lunch had been signalled, and that meant I would have to leave Charlie, as he wasn't in my last class of the day.

"I'll see you tonight then" I bit my lip, looking at Charlie from underneath my eyelashes. I hoped we were still okay with me going to his tonight.

I blushed just thinking about it.

"It's a date. Bye!" He replied, and I called 'bye!' over my shoulder, walking away. Without warning, Charlie grabbed hold of my hand, and pulled me back towards him. He entangled his fingers in my long brown hair and kissed me.

It was love, it had to be. His kisses were....Fantastic. No, more than that. Mind blowing, electric, sparks flew, utterly intoxicating, beautiful, magical. So many words to describe such a simple kiss.

Only if I had known then that our kiss then would most likely be our last, I would have made it last longer.

Much longer.

**********************************************************************************************************

HEY! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I'm back and BOOMING baby!! And if you guys would be nice enough to vote and comment I would reeeeaally appreciate it. Coz I love ya. And if you like this story, maybe you could fan me??

I need more people to love

Don't make me lonely, please just hit the 'Become a Fan' button, and may your life be filled with hope and happiness and love from a girl on a laptop ;P

Thanxxx for reading, and thanxxx for the fan I know you were just going to do XXX