Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 11)

Inside the classroom, the atmosphere hadn’t changed. 34 bored students, 1 teacher babbling on to themselves because no one was listening to them, and countless dead animals scattered around the room, bobbing about in jars of suspicious liquid.

I shuddered. Once I had got used to school again (as a cloud of mist) I looked for a space to hover. Yay! Flick had a spare seat next to him. Delightedly, he was still with Martha. I could tell by the soppy looks they kept giving each other.

On the other hand, Megan and Mouse didn’t look so happy.

I floated next to Flick, and in some ghostly way, I sat down on the chair next to him. I looked across the room for him, knowing he’d be here, and then I found him.

I saw Charlie.

Who was currently being felt up by some blonde haired blue eyed floozy called Sydney? It figured. She was pretty, he was popular, and it was a match made in teenage cliché heaven; except for Charlie’s dead girlfriend of course.

As the anger grew inside me watching her act like that with him, all the lights in the classroom began to flicker. Everyone (except Sydney of course, as she was too preoccupied mauling my boyfriend) turned to stare at the lights.

Sitting before Sydney, was a beaker of coloured liquid, there, minding its own business. Gritting my teeth in annoyance, I glared at the beaker, until I saw it topple over onto Sydney’s designer denim jacket.

A giggle escaped from someone’s lips in the class who had watched it happen.

Within seconds, the whole class was in thunderous laughter, including Charlie, thank god. It seemed like I wasn’t the only one who disliked Boyfriend Stealer Sydney, judging by the amount of people laughing. Sydney utterly humiliated and now fuming, escaped the class and dashed out of the door.

That’s right, hands off my Charlie, got that?

Though technically, he’s not mine any more. I realised I was still sitting there, next to Flick, trapped in my own depressing thoughts.

Mystically (or so I hoped anyways) I rose from the chair and made my way from the classroom, down the corridor, and into the canteen that I had spent so many good times in.

It was break now.

I decided it was time to make my move.

Okay, I’m gonna come right out with it, and say that I was lurking in the gents toilets waiting for Charlie. After I had sneakily text him asking him to meet me there, I had fled into the toilets to wait it out for Charlie to arrive.

To get him to come, I had said that I had some surprising ‘news’ to tell him, and that I didn’t know exactly how he was gonna take it. I had to at least try to prepare him for it.

The others were fine with it. At first Jock was a tad shaky, but Misty had talked him round, so now he was all for me telling Charlie.

I think.

I felt it best not to actually mention my little group to Charlie just yet, because the time when I introduced them had to be just....Right. That was, if Charlie turned up. Like I hoped he would. Hopefully sometime soon, because I was beginning to have doubts that he wouldn’t turn up.

What if he didn’t?

It’d be fine I guess. I suppose I’d have to move on, and I would eventually, and maybe I’d even get another boyfriend. Who knows, if the guy who sired me is hot enough, maybe he could be the one? Maybe I could even become famous, writing songs for those who need it, like:

You bit me

And left me in the park

We could never be