Soul: Black Blood (Chapter 3)

Okay, here's the deal.

Charlie.

He's not exactly a stranger I saw for a few seconds in the corridor and never saw again. He's actually a good friend, as he's in quite a few of my lesson's. Well, when I say friend.

I'm in love with him.

Badly.

But he's out of my league. Way out of my league. But hey, he likes me and thinks I'm funny, so its a start- Before I use my mad wooing skills on him and he falls madly in love with me. For now though, friendship will have to do, at least its a start. Better than nothing.

Next lesson was drama, which I was really super-duper uber excited about as I'm in Charlie's group! We were working on a romantic script and this week we had to perform a scene with a kiss in it. Luckily, I was the only girl in Charlie's group, so I was definitely kissing someone today!

More to the point, Mouse and Megan weren't in the same group, so they wouldn't be kissing each other. Go karma! Also, Mouse wasn't picked to be the male lead, so he would be staying kissless this lesson. And every lesson...

Every so often, Martha (who was also in this class) would catch my eye and open her eyes really wide, meaning 'Don't do anything stupid!'. Jeez, sometimes she really worried for nothing, how could I possibly do anything stupid?

You know, even though I'm in the same class as the guy I love and my boyfriend. Either way, I told Martha I wouldn't. But I had my fingers crossed.

Our rehearsal was going badly, if you could even call it that. We hadn't rehearsed at all, as Charlie's bonehead friends were mucking about and if we didn't put something together soon we were going to fail. We hadn't even picked the male lead yet!

I scanned my eyes across the room, looking for Mouse. I saw Martha talking to Flick, twirling her hair around her finger... Weird, that doesn't usually happen. Through the huddle of people, I saw Mouse.

Talking to Megan.

Who was drooling.

But I still wasn't jealous.

I mean, sure I felt bad that I was gonna kiss another guy during a drama performance in front of my boyfriend before I even kissed him, but Mouse was flirting with Megan. And yeah, maybe I felt guilty for using Mouse as my rebound guy (to help me get over my crush of Charlie).

Our relationship was going nowhere, but neither of us had the guts to admit it and end it.

My thoughts were interuppted when Charlie gently tapped me on the arm. "Just thought I'd tell you that your gonna be kissing me soon, as I'm now the leading male. I hope that's fine with you"

"Its...Err.....Fine..." I stuttered, unable to believe this was really gonna happen soon. All those times I'd stayed awake at night fantasising about what it would be like to kiss Charlie, to be held in his arms, to be the thing that made him happy for a second....It would really be happening soon!

"That's good" Charlie grinned at me, his green eyes twinkling under the drama lights. My heart swelled and I grinned back. And like a burst of brilliant light I illuminated, so happy that Charlie had spoken to me with the lips I would soon be kissing.

Naturally, I came crumbling down when our drama teacher announced that our totally unrehearsed group would be performing first. Our class gathered on the floor, and directed their eyes to the make-shift stage.

It was an old fashioned play, and I quite enjoyed it, even though it would be geeky to admit so. So Charlie's friend were more like props, and only Charlie and I would have lines. Nervously, I stepped on stage, and my eyes locked on Charlie.