Thinking

(When I make a decision, I like to find the basic truth or principle to be applied, regardless of the specific situation involved. I like to analyze pros and cons, and then be consistent and logical in deciding. I try to be impersonal, so I won't let my personal wishes--or other people's wishes--influence me.

•I enjoy technical and scientific fields where logic is important.
•I notice inconsistencies.
•I look for logical explanations or solutions to most everything.
•I make decisions with my head and want to be fair.
•I believe telling the truth is more important than being tactful.
•Sometimes I miss or don't value the "people" part of a situation.
•I can be seen as too task-oriented, uncaring, or indifferent.)

                               😃

Jim asks his brother Sam to dog-sit while he's out of town. The first night away, Jim calls to check on his dog. Sam, a Thinker, tells him bluntly, "Your dumb dog died." Jim, clearly upset, scolds his brother for his insensitivity. "If you had a sensitive bone in your body, you would have broken it to me slowly. You would have told me, 'Your dog had an accident.' When I called tomorrow, you would have said, 'Well, your dog's condition has worsened.' And on the third night, I would have been ready for the bad news. By the way, while I've got you on the phone, how's Mother?" To which Sam replied, "Well, mother's had an accident."