Chapter 36

AN: guysssss I'm almost done with dis fanfic. OMG. <3

Love y'all. Btw, who reads this listens to IM5 and/or FAH? Cuz I have a Dalton fic that I'm writing but idk.

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~

-----------------

~•~Chapter Thirty-Six~•~

--Riley POV--

"Riss this is insane. You can't do this!" I call as I walk after her as she went down the hall. "Where are you going?!"

"I have to do this!" She turns to me abruptly. "There is no other choice, I am done!" She shouts and I flinch away slightly.

"Hey," I reach out and touch her shoulder and she pulls away. "Riss please." I speak softly and she looks at me. "Riss..." I carefully pull her into a hug. "I just don't want you to get hurt." She stands there silent and she slowly puts her arms around me.

"This has to be done. I am suffocating and I can't do anything else about it but this. This is the only way I know how to make things go away..." She talks at a normal volume and rests her chin on my shoulder. "We're going crazy in here Riley... If we don't get out of here I don't think I can deal with this. I might snap." I rub her back softly and nod.

"I know. Just, tell me what you're going to do... Please?" I nuzzle into her hair and inhale deeply.

--Toby POV--

'Yelling, more yelling, door slamming, Connor shuffling out, grumbling to himself. What the hell just happened?

'Riss storms out, Riley calling after her, are they... Fighting? They never fight...'

I watch them nervously, they hug and speak quietly. After a few minutes Riley went to find Connor and Riss collapses. I get up and run over.

"Riss, you okay?" I help her up and she leans into me.

"I. I need to sit down." I walk her over to the living room and sit her on the couch.

"You need some water? Crackers?" I carefully put the back of my hand to her forehead, she's burning up. "I'll get you some water." I jog to the kitchen, bulldozing through Riley and Connor.

"Slow down, Speedy Gonzales." Connor laughs.

"No time, Riss." I get water and run back out to her.

"What about Riss?!" Riley calls after me and follows. "Ness?" He runs to her side and I hand her the glass of water that she finishes in a few long gulps. "What's wrong?" Riley brushes her hair back.

"I'm just tired." She says weakly, closing her eyes and leaning into his hand.

"What can I do?"

"Just stay with me." Ness says quietly and Riley nods.

"O-okay, just rest. I'll be right here." Riley sits next to her, letting lay her head in his lap. After a few minutes she fell asleep and Riley shoos us away.

--Riley POV--

After Riss falls asleep I send Connor and Toby away, humming softly and playing my fingers through Riss' hair.

"Everything will be okay. I promise." I chew on my lip nervously. "It has to be."