Chapter 28

AN: let's see if I can try to update every other day. How does that sound.

Don't hate me after these next couple of chapters please. ; 3; I know I'm evil. Sorry.

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

-----------------------------

~•~Chapter Twenty-Eight~•~

--Connor POV--

I was completely asleep until some one decided to rip off my blankets, take my pillow then proceed to hit me with it.

"... While she's getting the glass out of her foot." Is all I hear Riley say.

"Riss has glass in her foot?" I sit up and look at him groggily and get clothes thrown at my face.

"Yeah, there's glass all over the kitchen now get up and get dressed, you need to watch Toby." He walks out of the room and I get dressed. "Come on man! Hurry up!" He groans.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I call back as I pull on shoes. Hey, if there was glass I wasn't going to risk it. I walk and Riley is leaning against the wall. "Okay I have a question, where did the glass come from?" He shrugs.

"Maybe the window... Shit. The window. He could get in if it was the window." Riley turns and gives me a panicked look.

"There is no way he could've found us bro. We're safe, it is called a safe house, remember?" I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, you're right." He shakes his head. "Come on let's go." We start to walk out and Toby grabs us and pulls us to the side. "Toby what the-!" Toby clasps his hand over Riley's mouth and signals for us to be quiet. He pulls out his phone and types then shows us.

'Someones got Riss, he didn't see me so I was able to sneak out in time.' Riley moves to leave and Toby and I grab his arms and pull him back. 'We need to think about what we should do. He's expecting someone to come out.' Toby lets us know. I take his phone and type.

'Was he armed?' I hand it back to Toby who nods and makes a gun with his hand.

"We have to do something!" Riley hisses. I nod in agreement and signal that I will go out first. Riley objects, saying that Riss is his responsibility and I tell him that he is mine so I should go out first. He hesitates and nods. We tell Toby to stay here incase anyone wakes up or anything. He nods in understanding and Riley and I walk out, me in the lead. Once we're out the the person doesn't see us. He's too preoccupied tying up an unconscious Riss. Riley starts to jump towards the invader but I hold him back. I glance at the table and the gun is sitting there, it looks pretty real and it looks like the safety is off. I bite my lip nervously and see a broom leaning against the wall. I reach over and grab it. I lunge at the perpetrator and hit him in the back of the head. The handle breaks and the man spins around reaching for the gun. My eyes get wide and I freeze not sure what to do next. Riley tackles the man as he shoots, adrenaline taking over throw what's left of the broom at him like a javelin as he escapes out the window.

"Riss!!" Riley yells and crawls over to her and everyone comes running out.

"What the hell happened?" Paul yells and I grab my side as my knees buckle. I bring my hand up and see it coated in blood. My hands shake as I sink onto the floor.

"Connor?!" I hear Riley call my name as I start to black out. "Come on, not you too!" Then, nothing.