Chapter 30

AN: waht I'm not using any song lyrics or basing any of this off of song lyrics. *cough* Dead Hearted by Above Seclusion *cough cough cough* waht. Sorry it took so long to get up. I had school and my birthday and Disneyland trip with choir.

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

--------------------

~•~Chapter Thirty~•~

--Riley POV--

I spent most of my time in the hospital with Riss, after a couple days Connor got a wheel chair and was able to move around and come visit Riss and I.

"Hey, Ri-guy. How's she doin?" Connor rolls in.

"Okay, the swellings gone down a little bit." I exhale deeply. "Where is everyone?"

"They went to get food." He rolls up next to me. I rest my chin on her bed watching her face. "She'll pull through." Connor puts his hand on my shoulder and I nod slowly.

"Did you know she has a playlist that she listens to when she sleeps?" I mumble softly.

"It sounds like her." Connor responds softly.

"She has both versions of 'Soldier' on it and our cover of 'When I Was Your Man'." I look over at Connor. "She has one of Braiden's songs on it too."

"She's a sweetheart like that, supporting us no matter what." Connor tilts his head slightly.

"Yeah, she is." I draw patterns on her arm randomly and hope for a reaction although I know there won't be one.

"You should get something to eat bro, when was the last time you slept or ate?"

"I had a cup of coffee this morning after a thirty minute nap." I grumble, I didn't want to leave Riss's side.

"Hospital coffee doesn't count as food, I don't think not even counts as coffee." Connor furrows his brow. I can't help but laugh softly.

"You're right, it doesn't even count as coffee that stuff is nasty." I watch Riss's face, smiling softly. "If you keep an eye on her I'll go get us some food..."

"Sounds good to me. I'll stay with Riss." Connor nods and I stand.

"Thanks bro, I'll be right back." I stand and walk out, tears burning my eyes as I resisted the urge to run back to Riss. I exhale deeply and bump into someone. "Sorry." I don't wait for a response I just continue walking to the cafeteria. I grab a salad and a sandwich and two of the bottled fraps. I buy them and go back the room and Connor's asleep holding Riss's hand. I guess I took a while. I take a picture with my phone and smile to myself. "Hey Connor I got food."

"I'm up." He jolts awake and hisses, holding his side. "Ow ow ow."

"You okay?" I look at him worriedly as he checks his hand and nods.

"I'm good, no blood." He shows me his hand and I exhale deeply.

"Sandwich or salad." I ask as I sit.

"Sandwich me." I hand him the sandwich and Frap and he smiles. "Thanks bro." We eat in silence and I sigh. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I poke at my salad. I didn't really have an appetite.

"Really dude. I know when you're not telling me everything. So spit it out." Connor looks at me deadly serious.

"The swelling isn't going down as quickly as the doctors had hoped so I'm afraid that..." I trail off.

"That she won't wake up." He finishes for me and I look down and nod. I fight back tears as a lump rose in my throat. I try to swallow casually but it comes out more as a gulp. "She'll pull through. She always does."

"It's never been this bad before though Connor." I blink hard as I look up at him.

"She'll be fine. I promise." Connor looks me square in the eye and I nod and sniff.

"You're right." I shake my head and look at Riss and hold her hand.

--Narissa POV--

Everything was black, I felt heavy and light at the same time. I heard Riley and Connor talking but I couldn't respond. I try opening my eyes with no success. I scream into the darkness but neither Connor nor Riley reacts. I tried to move but nothing happened. What the hell was happening?