Chapter 7

~•~Chapter Seven~•~

--Narissa POV--

I didn't wake up again until the next morning. I guessed it was about 8:30. I groan as I open my eyes.

"Too bright!" I grumble, burying my face into Riley's chest. He mumbles still asleep. I huff and pull up the blankets up more so they cover my head, blocking out more of the sun's rays. I lay there a few minutes trying to fall back asleep, much to my surprise, it did not work. Note my sarcasm. I decide to wake Riley up 'cause he said he would make me breakfast. "Ri... Get up." I groan, reaching up and patting his face.

"Mm... Ten more minutes. Then I'll get up." He grumbles, brushing my hand away. I furrow my brows and slap his cheek causing him to jolt awake and his arms tighten around me. "What?!" I snicker.

"Oh good you're up. You said you'd make me breakfast." I look up at him as he squints against the sun.

"I did. Can we just stay here for a little though?" He looks down at me.

"Only if you go close the curtains." I can't help but smirk slightly. He gets up, quickly pushing them closed then lays down again.

"Better?" He smiles and I nod. "Good." I nuzzle into his neck.

"I'm sorry about last night. I can't really-"

"It's fine. You can't control it I understand." He interrupts me, speaking softly.

"You are too nice. Any other human would probably hate me." I smile softly.

"Do I look like any other human does?" He grins, raising an eyebrow at me.

"No, and you don't typically act like one either." I smile up at him, laughing softly. "Goof..." I poke his nose before resting my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." He mumbles, obviously still tired.

"How long did it take you to fall back asleep?" I look at him worriedly.

"I had to make sure you were completely asleep and then Thomas turned up the volume on the TV so... a few hours maybe? Give or take a few more." He shrugs nonchalantly and I hit his shoulder.

"You can be such an idiot sometimes. You're only human, Ri, you still need sleep. I don't need you dying on me. Literally." He frowns slightly.

"I know, I was just worried about you as all." He rests his cheek on the top of my head and I sigh, cuddling into him.

"I know. I should've expected you to do that too. You've always been that way." I close my eyes for a minute and he holds me close.

"We should do something today, just me and you."

"You and me." I correct him.

"What ever grammar nazi." He laughs, rolling his eyes slightly. "I was trying to be nice."

"I know. You know I can be a pain in the arse sometimes." I grin at him.

"Not a trait to be proud of really." He shakes his head, flashing me his pearly whites.

"Is it bad that I take pride in my ability to drive people insane and, or piss them off?" I look at him curiously and he simply laughs.

"If it were anyone else I'd say yes but since it's you I'm gonna say no." He kisses the top of my head as I relax into him more. "What did you want to eat?"

"Pan-" I start to say pancakes but then I think of the last time Riley made bacon. I had to come in and save the day because the grease caught on fire. Of course the three of them didn't know that you have to suffocate it and water doesn't really work when putting them out. Lucky for them I came over just in time to save everything and one. "Nothing. I'm good. Send Connor to get Starbucks."

"That wasn't a suspicious pause or anything."

"I was recalling your last attempt to make bacon." I smirk and look at him, he blushes lightly from embarrassment.

"Uh, yeah." He clears his throat. "Thanks again for that." I small smile itches at his lips.

"Now I couldn't let Tank die could I?" And as I say that Tank jumps onto the bed and set on licking Riley's face off. In the process he sticks his butt in my face. "Tank!" I laugh, pushing his butt away. He turns to face me and licks at my face, his butt now in Riley's face.

"Tank, please remove thy buttocks from my face. Effective and immediately. Thank you for your cooperation." When Tank doesn't move after a few seconds Riley picks him up and lays him at our feet. I giggle softly.

"'Thy buttocks?'" I laugh as I question.

"Sounded good in my head." He shrugs, laughing. Tank burrows his head into the blankets, sniffing and snorting. "No toes, Tank." I had learned over the years that Tank had a habit for licking people's toes. He looked up from the blankets and looks at Riley and I all adorable, innocent, and confused.

"Good try but no!" I laugh, bending my knees so my feet were further away from Tank. I personally am not a very ticklish person but jebus rice, when ever I let my guard down and Tank got to my feet I would squeal and squirm away like a baby bird that fell out of the nest and survived. Twisted, yes I know. Go ahead. Judge me. Or maybe a pig in mud that was about to be slaughtered.

"You okay?" Riley asks as I realise I'm zoning out.

"Hm, yeah fine, sorry." I blink and he rubs my back.

"You need more sleep." He says.

"Look who's talking. I got more sleep than you did last night. Nightmare or no nightmare." I lean into his touch.

"Don't suppose you want to talk about it." Riley says as more of a fact than question.

"Maybe later." I speak in a hushed voice. "Not now." He nods understandingly.

"When ever you want to talk you know I'll listen." He plays his fingers through my hair.

"I know... Thank you. You don't know how much it means to me. Well you might." I rest my head against his and he turns his face, nuzzling my cheek.

"You know I'd do just about anything for you, right?" He coos into my ear and I nod.

"Of course I know, and I the same." I hold the back of his neck and stay close to him, closing my eyes. He rubs my back softly and I exhale deeply.

"Hey guys!!" Toby calls and I jump in surprise nearly falling off the bed, gasping.

"Holy crap!! Toby!!! There's this great thing called knocking!" I say, most likely coming off more harsh than I meant to. He looks at me slightly hurt then his eyes soften.

"Sorry, I forgot. Rough night." He sits next to Tank. "Riley, please tell me you have something on." Riley's face flushes darkly.

"Of course I have something on!" He squeaks. Voice an octave or two higher than normal. Toby looks to me to back Riley up. I nod and Toby nods once.

"You better," Toby smiles at me.

~•~•~•~•~•~
---------------

AN: last minute update, sorry the ending is kinda weak sauce. But I'm tired. Yeah so night guyses.

*Devon*