Chapter 31

AN: okay so I promised you guys I'd update every other day and I've kinda already messed up but I have like a few hours to write before my band concert so that's what I'm doing.

Thanks for reading guys :)

≫Devon⇒

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

-----------------------

~•~Chapter Thirty-One~•~

--Riley POV--

At the same time everyday the nurses would make me leave Riss' room while they changed everything to keep it sanitary. One day took longer than others, and I'm not talking like an extra five minutes. They've been in there for an hour and a half and still haven't left. I get frantic and go search for Connor.

"What's wrong?" Connor asks as soon as I step in his room.

"They've been in there longer than usual. What if something's wrong!?"

"Okay, Riley breathe, what did they tell you?" Connor speaks calmly and I shake my head.

"Nothing. They didn't say anything." I think hard. They didn't say anything to me. None of them even gave me a side glance. "Connor what if she's dying and they won't tell me?" My stomach drops as I speak. I feel a lump in my throat as I choke back sobs and fight back tears.

"Dude chill. She'll be fine. They're probably checking to see if the swelling's gone down." Connor speaks softly in attempt to calm me down.

"Maybe you're right. I'm going to get some coffee." Connor nods as I walk out. I start to go back to Riss' room after I get coffee and I hear people talking, one voice sounding very familiar.

"Let me go, I need to find my friends!"

"You have to stay in your bed, please!" I drop my coffee and to Riss' room.

"Riss!" I call as I turn into her room.

"Riley!" She smiles at me and I push the nurse out of the way and mumble sorry. Once I get to her, I pull Riss into a hug and the tears break loose.

"You're okay, you're okay... Thank you, thank you." I mumble as I bury my face in her hair. A strange noise rips itself out my throat, it was a sort of muffled cry and sob plus a sound of relief all at once. She tightens her arms around me and I squeeze her carefully.

"You act like it's been for ever since we've seen each other... It was a pretty much a day or two ago. Wasn't it?" I shake my head.

"You were in a coma for almost two weeks." I look at her and hold her face carefully. "God, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." She rests her forehead against and I lean forward and kiss her softly. Se smiles against my lips and brushes the tears from my cheeks.

"How do you feel?" I sniff and half smile at her.

"Okay. I'm a little light headed but besides that I'm good. Ri, you look like you haven't slept in days." She frowns slightly as she says the last part.

"I haven't really. I was worried about you." I look down slightly, by this time the nurses have cleared out and Riss raises my chin.

"You should sleep. I'm alright." She runs her fingers through my hair.

"You sure?" I lean into her touch, she nods and pulls her hand away. I frown to myself and she scoots away from me.

"Wanna lay down?" She smiles sweetly and pats the bed. I look around quickly then climb on and cuddle into her. "How's that, better?"

"Mhm. Very much." My eyelids start to droop as Riss plays with my hair. She has been through so much but yet she was still so sweet and innocent. I fall asleep nearly instantly, listening to the sound of Riss breathing.

--Narissa POV--

I watch Riley as he sleeps, his brow that was relaxed when he ran in was now furrowed. I run my fingers through his hair again and he relaxes. He must've risen his defenses while I was out and now I could see the walls crumbling. He had a habit whenever something bad would happen he'd go into his little shell and have this whole façade for the fans so they didn't know what he was really feeling. It used to fool me but I learned over time how to break the shell. I can tell now that this is what happened because if his reaction to little things. Even in his sleep he leans into my touch. When he goes into his shell he doesn't let people he knows touch him in except maybe a pat on the shoulder. Even his subconscious mind now has the craving to be touched. I watch his face as I run my hand down his arm and hold his hand. He nuzzles into my shoulder and squeezes my hand tightly. I kiss his temple and rest my head against his and close my eyes as well, sleep quickly taking over me.