Chapter 5

~•~Chapter Five~•~

--Riley POV--

I found Toby playing video games with Thomas and Connor. I shake my head. The could be such guys sometimes.

"Toby, can I talk to you?" I say after Thomas is done yelling at the screen. He looks to Connor who looks at me and I nod, hoping he would understand what I needed to talk to Toby about. He makes an 'oh' shape with his mouth and turns to Toby.

"Go bro... I'll cover you..." He smirks slightly and Toby nods, getting up and following me to the back of the house.

"What's up?" Toby fidgets, hoping he isn't in trouble.

"It's about Riss. She thinks it's time for you to know why she moved in with her aunt." I speak softly and he looks at me confused. I sigh and tell him everything that she had told me. By the time I got to what had happened early today I had a lump in my throat. I hated thinking that Riss was forced to go through all of this and everything she did to keep the feeling of control. When I told Toby that her dad got out I saw the look of terror that was in her eyes once she was done talking to Paul. Toby looks at me astonished.

"She really went through all that?" He blinks. "I can't believe it." He says. "We can't let him touch her. Ever." He speaks with a surprising venom in his voice. I straighten my back as he says this, not expecting the ferocity.

"He won't. Not if we have anything to do with it." I nod once and he nods in response. "Now let's get back, and don't tell anyone. Connor already knows but Thomas doesn't so keep your mouth shut." I hiss before walk back out to the kitchen. I walk in and see Riss happily eating her chicken and Braiden drinking his coffee. I go up behind Riss and wrap my arms around her. She leans into me and yawns, checking her phone. It's 11:20 and I shake my head, time really does fly. She exhales deeply and packs up her trash, laying her arms over mine.

"Wow, today flew by." She mumbles.

"You sound tired." Braiden says softly. "You should go get some rest." He smiles kindly at her. Riss hesitantly nods and looks at me. I reluctantly let go of her and she trots off to the guest room. I sit in her seat and sigh. "What's your problem. Seems like you two are doing pretty well." I shrug.

"We are but, she's... I'm worried about her. She's being strong but, I'm scared, man." I look over at my friend.

"If you ever need me for anything. Even if it's just hanging out with Riss, just give me a call or text or what ever, I'll be right over." Braiden reassures me and I nod.

"Thanks bro." I rest my chin on the table and I feel my phone go off in my pocket. I pull it out and see it's Riss. "I'll be right back." I get up and go back to the guest room and Riss pulls me into another hug. "You okay? What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Nothing. I just... I don't want to be alone right now is all." She whispers, I pull her close, burying my face in her hair.

"You're okay... I've got ya..." I coo in her ear softly. She cuddles into me and shivers. "You cold?"

"A little..." She speaks, her voice small.

"Come on let's get to bed." I smile and help her into bed, she grabs my hand and doesn't let go. "What is it?" I ask, noticing her grip on my hand still.

"I told you, I don't want to be alone." She blinks at me innocently, her hazel eyes meeting mine. I can't help but smile softly.

"Let me turn off the light and I'll stay with you until you fall asleep. Okay?" She nods and slowly let's go of my hand. "There's my girl." I smile and turn off the light, shutting the door so it's only open a crack and go back over and lay next to her. "Better?"

"Much." She smiles as she hugs me close, cuddling into me. She falls asleep quickly and I wait until I'm sure she's completely asleep before slipping out. After I leave I walk back to the kitchen for a late night snack and the other four are playing Call Of Duty. I yawn and rub my eyes as I open the fridge, grabbing a few strawberries. I trudge to my room to get ready to go to sleep. When I get to my room I throw the remnants of the strawberries into the small trash can by my door. I yawn and plop down on my bed, suddenly feeling more tired than I had initially thought. I kicked off my shoes and plugged in my phone, getting up to turn off the light I threw my shirt in the laundry hamper and flopped back onto my bed. I might've fallen asleep before my body hit the mattress. I don't remember but I do remember waking up at 3:00 AM to Riss screaming bloody murder. Before I was completely awake I was already up and out my door to her. What the hell was she screaming about? I think to myself worriedly, once I get to her I see she's still asleep and I sit next to her and hold her carefully. After a few minutes she finally wakes up and clings to me, choking on sobs.

"Sh, sh, shhh..." I rock her carefully as she cries silently. I hum softly, realising after a few seconds that I'm humming Soldier. I rub her back slowly and comfortingly as she's able to start to breathe easy again. "You're okay, Riss." I murmur. "I got you, I got you."

~•~•~•~•~
------------

AN: one more day of finals!! Woot! Probably won't update the second week of winter vaycay cuz I'll be visiting my dad in TX. How'd y'all like this chapter? Little bit of Braiden and Thomas(a) in there.

Comment some constructive criticism you guys <3

Love all of ya!!

*Devon*