In which Bucky saves Peter

This was suggested by MooMooLuLu

Bucky and Peter didn't talk a lot, but that didn't stop Tony from sending Bucky to pick up Peter from school on a Friday. When Bucky arrives at the school, Peter should be waiting for him to arrive outside, but he is nowhere to be seen. Tony told him that he doesn't have decathlon practice today, so that's not where he is. So he decides to call Tony to see if Peter called him about anything.

"Uhm, Tony?"

"Yes?"

"Has Peter informed you of doing anything after school today?"

"No, why do you ask? You two should be back by now."

"Yeah, that's the thing. He isn't here. I have no idea where he is."

"What? I mean, you can go inside and if you see anybody ask them where he could be?" Bucky nods but then realizes that Tony can't see him.

"Okay." and Tony ends the call. Bucky steps out of the car, and realizes, that he can't just walk in and start asking for Peter if anybody even was in there. He sighs and walks up to the school, and stops when he hears faint laughter coming from somewhere around the building. Thinking to himself, that that's where Peter might be, he started to walk over to the point the sound was coming from. When he reached the point, his breathing hitched in his throat. He found Peter, with about three more guys, beating him.

For a few seconds he just stared in shock, but then reality dawned on him. Peter was getting punched in the gut repeatedly by one of the boys, the other two watching and laughing. With anger boiling up in him, he rushed over to the four and pulled the boy kicking Peter away and to the ground. The other two immediately stopped laughing and looked up, and gasped when they saw who it was.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?" he yells at the boy on the ground. The other two take this as an opportunity and run away. Peter is hunched up against the wall of the school in an empty parking lot, watching as the scene unfolds in front of him with blurry eyes, shocked, to say the least. "I asked you a question!" Bucky literally yells. The boy just whimpers on the ground, scared out of his mind. Bucky sees that the kid is afraid, and crouches down to be on the same height as him. "What's your name?" the tone of his voice had changed drastically from before, now being calm but stern.

"F-f-flash, sir." Bucky shakes his head and sighs, looking back up the boy in front of him whimpers once more and speaks again. "E-Eugene." Bucky nods.

"You know Eugene, I bet that Captain America wouldn't be proud of you. Are you proud of yourself for being a pathetic bully?" Flash shakes his head and Bucky gives him a look, and the boy literally shakes on the ground.

"N-no, sir. I'm not proud of myself." Bucky urges him to go on and he does. Peter just watches, slowly getting up and his vision clearing as the bruises that had already formed started to slowly fade and some of the cuts were already healed. "I'm n-not proud of my-myself for bully-ing Peter sir." Peter slowly starts to make his way over to the two talking on the ground, being fairly surprised at how well Bucky was keeping his calm and how terrified Flash actually was.

Bucky looks up behind him over his shoulder and sees Peter standing there, he grabs his hand. "You okay?" Peter nods, kind of speechless at how affectionate Bucky can be. As he lets go of Peters' hand, he turns back to look at Flash. "Apologize." he says with a head tilt towards Peter.

"I'm s-sorry Peter, for bullying you." he glances over at Bucky and lets out a shaky breath before continuing. "A-and I-I promise to not do it e-ever again." another quick glance at Bucky and he finishes his sentence. "To anyone." Bucky nods and stands up.

"And now off you go, before I call Stark over here and tell him all about what you just did to Peter. I bet he would be fuming. Go on now, run while you still can." With a flick of his wrist Flash was up and running, and for once living up to his stupid nickname. Bucky turns around to face Peter, and when he sees the boys' eyes welling up with tears, he engulfs him in a hug and Peter starts to softly cry into the soldier's chest. Bucky rubs Peters back softly and tells him that it's going to be okay. After about ten minutes of just standing there, Peter fulls away and wipes at his eyes, mumbling a soft thank you and Bucky put his arm on Peters' shoulder. "Its fine, just doing what I'm sure anybody would have done. Except for maybe those three kids." Peter lets out a soft chuckle. "How long has he been bullying you?"

"The whole entirety that I've been to high school."Peter says softly, his voice a little hesitant at first.

"I'm telling Tony," before Peter can protest, he continues. "And you're not changing my mind. I'm doing this for your own good, and believe me, Tony isn't going to be mad at you, if anything, he's going to be mad at the school for not paying attention to what's going on in their school."

Peter nods. "Okay." Bucky wraps his hand around both of Peters' shoulders, and they walk back to the front of the school, where they see a man who Peter recognizes as his principle, Mr. White, and a softly crying Eugene Thompson.

Mr. White looks up once he spots us he trots over to us, pulling Flash with him. "Excuse me, but Eugene over here, told me that Peter bullied him, and then you came and joined the mockery." Peter looks dumbfounded and notices a small smirk on Flashes face. Once he glances at Bucky though, he knows that Bucky's got this covered.

"Tell that lie to Tony Starks lawyers, because he'll sue you the moment he finds out about what this young man has been doing to Peter and that you are protecting Eugene." The principle and Flash both gawk, and now its Peters turn to smirk at Flash.

"You can't do that!" Mr. White yells, and just before Peter enters the car, he looks up and says:

"Oh, but he can." and sits into the car, not really knowing where the sudden confidence came from, but leaving behind Flash and Mr. White, both knowing that if Tony Stark sues them, they're doomed.

Idk if this is what you asked for really, but I just got carried away in my sleep-deprived state and for the ending... Well, I just rushed it because I need sleep.

Once again this was requested by MooMooLuLu