Diamonds Into Glass

•V•

"I don't know what to do. I can't do it. I have to fake my death, escape to New York, change my name, and start all over!" I ramble as I pace back and forth. C rolls her eyes.
"You are literally the most dramatic person I know," She says dryly. I frown.
"You know Bianca. And Scarlett for that matter," I point out.
"I'll add 'most defensive' to the list too. But for real, you need to chill. Just be honest."
"He said he loves me C! And I peace signed! Peace signed! What is wrong with me? How am I supposed to chill?" I wail.
"Nothing is wrong with you, I promise. You were in shock. If anything it's his fault for saying it at a dumb time," C replies.
"Okay yes, but still. What would you do if it were Miles?"
"I don't know, probably tell him he's dumb and then say it back."
I groan. "He's gonna be here soon, what do I even say? I'm literally the worst!"
"First of all, you're not the worst. And second, do you love him?"
"What?"
"Beckett. Do you love Beckett?"
I freeze.
"I don't know. He makes me so happy, and I always feel warm when he's around. He knows how to cheer me up no matter what and I can't imagine not being with him, but do I really love him?" I look up and C is racing an eyebrow at me.
"Yes V. You love him. Nobody says anything that disgustingly sappy if they're not in love."
I stick my tongue out at her and she laughs.
"Tell you what. You talk to Beckett today, and if you feel painfully awkward at any point, you text me help and I'll call crying about how my cat just died," C says. I look at her confused.
"You don't have a cat. You're allergic."
"Yeah and by the time Beckett realizes that, you'll be halfway to my house." C responds.
I burst out laughing.
"You're the best." I tell her.
"I know," she replies with a smirk, "Now I gotta go, isn't he supposed to be here in like ten?"
"Oh yeah, he'll be here any sec. Thanks C."
"Of course. See ya tomorrow." C walks out and I begin to tremble. I am visibly shaking as I wait anxiously for Beckett to pull into my driveway. It's fine V. Just breathe. Chill and be honest. You got this. I mean, nothing could be more embarrassing than funishment so why am I worried? It'll be fine. When he texted me earlier asking if I still wanted to hang out today, as if nothing had happened, honestly, I don't know if that made me feel any better. I know I love him, but really V? A peace sign? I hear Beckett pull up and restrain myself from running out the back door. Instead, I walk to the door where he's already waiting.
"I am so sorry."
"I didn't mean it."
I blink. Beckett blinks. He doesn't love me?
"What?" We say in unison. I shake my head.
"You don't love me?" I ask. Beckett looks alarmed.
"Of course I love you." He says.
"Well I love you too," I reply.
"Then why are you sorry?" He asks.
"Because I'm an awkward disaster."
"But you're my awkward disaster."
"I love you."
"I love you too." He responds, pulling me into a hug.
"Hey Beckett?"
"Yes V?"
"Do you wanna go to my room?"
Beckett stares at me for a moment before nodding and leaning down to kiss my forehead.
"Yeah V, we can go upstairs."

Word Count: 607

A/N
I heard you guys wanted an update... make of this what you will:)