Sing It Softly

•V•

"Come on Sunshine!" Miles groans, attempting to drag C from his car. I'm only half listening as Beckett attempts to drag me from the car as well. They have been trying to drag us from the car for several minutes now.
"Sunshine?" I hear Beckett ask as I try to get back into the car.
"V you know that's not gonna work," Beckett sighs, lifting me into his arms.
"C'mon V, do you really want my mom to see you like this?" Beckett asks. I immediately spring from his arms just as Miles has finally coaxed C out of the car.
"Ughhh. Anything but pre-calc. I literally cannot math," I complain.
"You wanna talk to me about not being able to math?" Miles challenges.
"Uh, you forget that I actually got held back a year," Beckett reminds us.
"You win," C tells him. We slowly make our way into the school.
"See ya second period," Beckett tells me, leaning down and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before heading off to his class, leaving Miles, C, and I to suffer through pre-calc together. I walk into the classroom for the first time in months, and instantly, any will power I had, disappears. Class drags on and the only thing keeping me awake is the boy who consistently falls asleep in my class and I do not want to be compared to him. The bell finally rings and I practically throw myself out of my desk.
"Someone's excited to leave," Miles comments as he and C walk over.
"Hey, aren't you Miles Lennox? So it's true. You are dating two girls at once," a girl says as she approaches. Miles frowns and C glares at the new girl.
"I'm definitely Miles' only girl friend," C snaps. The girl raises an eyebrow.
"Really, because he's shown up on TMK with like, four different girls," the girl replies. Where did this girl even come from?
"Well anyone who's been here for the past year would know that those weren't very reliable sources," Miles says.
"Well, I just transferred here this semester. From Adagio, I'll probably be dancing circles around you two," the girl says eyeing me and C.
"Oh really?" I ask the girl, glaring with enough menace that if looks could kill, the girl would be six feet under and staked for good measure.
"Really," the girl replies, glaring right back.
"Okay, well V, we gotta get to Prima rehearsals!" C says, pulling me away from the confrontation.
"C! I was gonna slap a-" I complain before she cuts me off.
"You are not getting funishment part two on your first day back V," C tells me.
"She's right you know," Miles adds. I glower at him.
"You have to agree with her because she's your girlfriend," I tell him, "I would know, Beckett does it all the time." Miles laughs, shrugging and shaking his head.
"I'll see you two later," he says giving C a quick kiss before waving goodbye.
"So how have the Primas been while I was gone?" I sigh as we walk into the studio.
"Okay I guess, we haven't taken anything but first since the incident," C informs me.
"Good," I decide, beginning to stretch.
"There's my favorite Prima," Beckett says leaning over me and kissing me from behind.
"You're such a goof," I laugh as C just rolls her eyes at our antics.
"Up, up, up, we don't have all day!" Helsweel snaps, entering the studio.
"Our Prima captain, Ms. Morita has returned from the US, along with Mr. Bradstreet. Congratulations both of you," she says. The rest of the group claps.
"The next competition is this next coming weekend, I'll leave it to Ms. Morita to choreograph a new routine for the competition. Ms. Morita and Mr. Bradstreet will also compete a duet. Ms. Cato, you will compete your solo," Ms. Helsweel announces. She wants me to choreograph three new routines in five days? Is she insane? I sigh as all eyes turn to me. Looks like we're getting right back to it. I sigh again.
"Okay, Amy, can you start front right with C and Mindy, I want to try the piqué turn combo. Um, Mitch, can I see you and Beckett do the pirouette en dedans?" I order. This is definitely going to be a long day.

Word Count: 728