Peace Baby Please

•Beckett•

"Beckett! Beckett, Beckett, Beckett! You will never believe what just happened!" V squeals, running up to me.
"Did you finish choreographing the group routine?" I joke.
"No. Better! The New York City Ballet Company is in town, and they agreed to do a private session with the Primas after school!" She tells me. I laugh, wrapping my arms around her.
"You're such a ballet nerd," I tell her. V snorts.
"Get off me you big pigeon," she pouts.
"That's not what you were saying last-"
"No! My ears! Not today Bradstreet!" Miles exclaims dramatically, walking over to us with C who's rolling her eyes.
"Why am I not surprised Bradstreet? Why do you put up with him V?" She asks. I scowl at her, but V just laughs.
"I mean, you put up with Miles," she counters.
"Yeah, but Miles is an innocent baby," C replies.
"I beg to differ!" Miles argues.
"I second that," I add. C raises an eyebrow at her boyfriend.
"You didn't know what a rainbow party is, and you frequently forget the word grandmother," C states.
"You use the word curfuffle" Miles retorts.
"As absolutely endearing it is to watch the two of you do, that," I say, gesturing to the two of them, "class is starting soon." V and I turn and begin walking to class allowing C and Miles to wrap up their, whatever.
"See you at lunch," Miles tells his girlfriend.
"C!" V tells over her shoulder.
"I'm coming!" C replies, jogging to catch up.
"That's what she said!" Miles calls snarkily over his shoulder. C groans and rolls her eyes at her boyfriend's antics.
"Boys!" She sighs. The three of us walk into the studio right on time and rush to the bar. My mom looks at us and raises an eyebrow, but says nothing.
"The more perceptive of you may have noticed that our grade eleven dance captain Ms. Morita has returned," My mom announces to the class. Before she can continue, the doors swing open and a girl with long blonde hair walks through.
"Her again," V mutters under her breath.
"Delanee Mayzler, I just transferred," she tells my mother. Ms. Helsweel gives the girl a once over.
"Join them at the bar, Ms. Morita will lead the warm up," she decides. The girl's eyes find V and she glares. V glares right back. As class progresses, the new girl proceeds to make passive aggressive jabs at V, causing my dislike for her to grow. As soon as class ends, Delanee makes her way over to us.
"I hear you're getting one on ones with the New York Ballet company tonight, congratulations! You need all the help you can get," She sneers.
"Please, you wouldn't know a good dancer if they jetéd right in front of you," V retorts.
"Yeah. V is the best ballet dancer at this school, we don't care where you came from, " C adds. Delanee just scoffs.
"You might be the best for now, but it won't last long, I'll replace you soon enough," she replies.
"Yeah? Well don't hold your breath," V tells her. Delanee flashes a fake smile before picking up her bag and strutting out of the studio.
"Ugh, that girl!" V exclaims.
"I know, don't let her get to you," I tell her, wrapping my arms around her.
"You. You didn't even say anything to her," C accuses.
"V can fight her own battles," I reply calmly. C glowers at me for a moment before refocusing on her best friend.
"Don't worry V, there's no way Helsweel would replace you. You just got back from traveling with the Elites," C assures her.
"Yeah, and there's no way I would let my mom even think about replacing my girl friend," I add.

Word Count: 631

AN
QOTD: Who is your least favorite ship from Backstage?

AOTD: Milya
I think their relationship is toxic, Miles doesn't really show any romantic feelings towards Alya until she leaves Keaton and after that it's all jealousy and manipulation, and I don't think that's a healthy relationship (s1). Also, Alya definitely needs more time to find herself before she can be in a strong, healthy relationship. (s2).