Without A Sound

•Beckett•

"What is this all about?" My mom demands, walking into the studio. Everyone whips around to face her.
"Austin wanted to do a film study on the Primas. I denied his request," V informs her.
"Then why are you still here?" Mom asks, turning to Austin.
"With all due respect, Vanessa has no right to deny my request," Austin replies. My mom raises an eyebrow at the boy.
"Ms. Morita is the Prima dance captain. She is perfectly capable of denying your request," she states. I smirk at Austin who only glares back.
"She doesn't have any good reasoning," Austin argues. Points to him for his apparent death wish. My mom turns to V.
"Ms. Morita, please enlighten me as to why this young man was denied his request," My mom requests, voice dripping with disdain.
"He's disrespectful and socially incapable," V responds without missing a beat.
"Excuse me?" Austin says, scrunching his eyebrows.
"He apparently also has a weak vocabulary which would hinder communication," V adds.
"How is this not disrespectful?" Austin asks.
"Mr."
"Austin"
"Mr. Austin, you're request has been denied," my mother states. Austin doesn't move.
"That means you're dismissed," she continues. Austin shoots us all a scowl before storming out of the studio.
"I never liked that boy," my mom mutters.
"Um, did you need something Ms. Helsweel?" V asks after a few moments of awkward silence passes.
"Ah, yes. Mr. Park has requested the presence of you, Ms. Cato and Mr. Bradstreet. Something about a music video of some sort. Ms. Dobson and I will preside over today's rehearsal," mom replies. The three of us look at each other before slowly packing up our bags.
"Today!" Mom chastises, causing the three of us to rush out of the studio.
"Weird that we're doing a music video right after we have to deal with Austin," C mutters.
"Yeah. Isn't that how he and Denzel started fighting?" V asks. C nods.
"What's that guy's deal? I mean, other then the whole, dating C thing," I ask.
"Honestly, I don't even know. He just likes to make everyone's life difficult," C responds.
"Couldn't be talking about me suds? Don't blame you, I'm kind of a big deal," Austin says walking around the corner. C groans.
"Step off Austin, you lost, now get lost," she tells him.
"Better be careful suds. Your little dance teacher won't always be there to protect you," he says before walking off.
"What's that supposed to mean?" V asks. I shrug. My mom wasn't planning on going anywhere any time soon so that Austin kid must be delusional.
"Whatever. Let's just get to the music department," C says.
"You just wanna see your boyfriend," I say slyly. C turns a dark red.
"Shut up Bradstreet," she snaps. I laugh and V lets out a little grin.
"Ah! We were just talking about you three," Mr. Park announces when we walk in. About twenty pairs of eyes turn to us.
"Come on, we don't bite," Park says, ushering us inside and pointing to some of the empty seats in the front of the classroom.
"So, these are the three you wanted Jax?" Mr. Park asks as soon as we're seated. A boy with curly brown hair, who I vaguely remember as being friends with Miles, nods his head.
"Why are we here exactly?" I ask, not liking being talked about like we're not sitting right here.
"Ah! That is an excellent question Mr."
"Bradstreet."
"Mr. Bradstreet. Jax here, is putting together a music video for Miles' EP and was wondering if  you three would be interested in participating. Someone has been telling me that Carly already has some experience and could help him out," Park says. C blushes, glancing at Miles who also looks a little bit more red than usual.
"Of course. When do we start?" C asks.
"Now."

Word Count: 646