2.

Chapter 2

The awkward silence was intoxicating.

For a few seconds, our eyes were locked in its position of shock, confusion, and most of all - utter disbelief. And as much as I would love to disregard the wanting feeling of touching his face, to hold him, just to see how it would be - I couldn't. Correction: I wouldn't. His brown eyes were the most captivating thing I have ever seen. I found myself remembering of autumn leaves through those eyes, chocolate caramel. There was a hint of darkness in them, but even the darkness enthralled me.

He was Atlas. He was the son of the Alpha. He was the future Alpha of the Tumultuous pack. He was the wolf that my people were told to fear. He was the reason most of the wolves of my pack had no strength to recover to their original ability. He killed Daisy's mate. I didn't know how many wolves he actually killed, but I knew he gave eternal injuries and pain to anyone who came before him. I couldn't' forget that.

Suddenly, the voice yelling Atlas was so close, I could feel her invading scent of uncertainty. It broke me from my trance, which I really needed. Atlas, finally seemed to awake at the same second, however he didn't move. I wanted to say something, anything really. I was desperate to make a conversation, try to hear his voice again.

And that's when I stopped. How could I think any of this? Any of it? This was beyond selfishness; this was practically treason to my pack. I needed to control my feelings, my instincts, and the screaming wolf inside me.

"Atlas! What the hell are you doing? Kill her!" The girl appeared from the bushes, and I caught her curly blonde hair and I caught her sparkling blue eyes staring at me in fear. Without thinking, I released my arrow, going in the direction of Atlas. It missed him by a centimeter, running past his ear. At the same time, I felt something sharp I past my neck; probably a knife. However, the knife didn't miss me as much as I wished it would have. I felt it run the side of my neck. I felt my blood trailing down my throat.

Looking into those chocolate brown eyes, one last time, I ran.

I didn't know why, I wasn't sure why, but I knew I had to get out of there. I couldn't look at him, knowing he was the son of Alpha that killed my mother. I ran fast as a wolf could, fast as I could. There was nothing else my heart wanted to do. I could fight him knowing we were mates. I couldn't kill the one that the moon goddess made for me. I couldn't even look him in the eye without feeling my whole body fluster. But even with as fast I was running and the intoxicating air around me, I could not forget those eyes. Yet, I couldn't forget he was Atlas; he was an enemy.

When exactly did my life turn into Romeo and Juliet? I would have liked it if it didn't.

However, it took just seconds before the girl had starting running towards me. Her claws out, I dodged her attack and slipped by a centimeter. Grabbing my arrow, I aimed her shoulder before she dodged my attack. She wasn't a bad fighter, I had to admit. But at the moment, she became distracted, and another arrow pierced through her other elbow. A vicious scream entered my ears. She slowly fell beside Atlas, who had come in the fight.

Atlas came following and I ran to the other side. He looked down at the girl, before his anger charged at me. So much for being mates.

It took two seconds for him to reach me and pulled the arrow from my fingers. I didn't even see him coming. The strength in his hands was more powerful than anything I have ever experienced. And his speed. I was never trained in the perfection he was.

"Not so much of a fighter are you now?" He smirked. I stepped back, until I found my back against a tree. Atlas was there, wearing his smirk like it was his nature. I felt him step closer until his hand rested on top of mine against the tree. It was at that moment I realized he had trapped me. I nudged him in the groin before he fell to his side. The knife resting on the base of my boots came before me and I found myself pressing towards his neck. This time, I smirked.