9.

unedited

Chapter 9

At first, my vision was blurry. But even with my blurry vision, I knew exactly who that was. There was only one person who could send heaven to my ears, and that was fucking Atlas. However, he had placed his hand over my lips so I couldn't talk, scream or yell. They closed my mouth completely until only muffled screams of frustration escaped.

His breath was beside the side of my ear, instantly making my body tingle. I hated him for making me feel so flustered, for making my body respond to every smirk he would give me. I looked towards him, as he's rubbing his nose, the one I had accidentally injured with his other hand.

"Stay still." He whispered into my ear.

I was instantly going to push him away, but his body was locked in front of me. I would have yelled at him, screamed at him, but his hand completely covered my mouth. How dare he do that? I tried to pull his hand away but he had moved the hand holding me at my waist to my fighting hands. He had stepped too close for me to kick him. I was locked. I felt my breath touching the crook of his neck. A part of me enjoyed the position we were locked in. My wolf cheered, but my brain still urged me to pull myself away from him. He was Atlas.

I forced myself to stop thinking about his beautiful face. He had me locked in a position. I was practically trapped. How dare he? I struggled to get an arrow, but my arrows were in the quiver behind me. I couldn't reach them. Before I realized it, I was thrashing my arms and legs, along with some screaming and yelling, trying to pull away from his grip.

"Stop fighting—Wolves of my pack are coming, nearly surrounding us. Stop going crazy—I won't hurt you, little wolf. I promise. I need to get your scent hidden—" Atlas frantically whispered into my ears.

My body calmed down. I won't hurt you, little wolf. I promise. I stared at him, his dark chocolate colored eyes that forced me to melt. There was honestly in those eyes.

My head started to shake as I realized I caught no smell of any wolves or a feeling for them. What the hell was he talking about? And how could he possibly get my scent hidden? I didn't use the perfume that would conceal my scent. That perfume bottle was back home. However, Atlas had other ideas. At the next moment, he took of the hair tie I had placed on my wrist. It was always there for my hair was insane sometimes. Quickly, he threw it to the other side. I rolled my eyes. Atlas was going to send his wolves in the direction of my hair tie.

Brilliant, I thought sarcastically. There was a whole Lyra here, with her scent practically radiating off, so they'll definitely go for the hair tie. Did he understand this?

"For an excessively aggressive mate, you sure are pretty stupid to drop off a little boy who belonged to the pack who would want you dead without scent conciliar." Atlas mocked me.

I was I was hurry, I wished I could explain to him. But his hands still covered my lips. Knowing my father and Ethan, if I decided to go back to my cabin to put on the some scent erasing thing. However, turned out I didn't need it as Atlas proudly pulled out a bottle of perfume from the dark hoodie he was wearing. He smirked at me. I wanted to wipe that smirk off his face. Quickly he sprayed it around us, masking both our scents. 

Suddenly, he stepped closer beside me into against the tree. My head was touching the crook of his neck, and his lips breathing on to my right ear was enough of any contact for me. But he didn't let go, and I wished he could let me talk, but I couldn't. Only muffled sounds were escaped. I didn't want him to protect me. I could protect myself. I hated it when people thought I couldn't.