8.

this chapter is unedited i just thought i should mention that. 

Chapter 8

To say shit got real back at my pack was an understatement.

Basically, the very second I came in, everybody went crazy. The wolves begin to yell that "Lyra's back!" They explained to me how they nearly went into the Tumultuous camp, almost made a plan to kill their wolves. The only thing that stopped them was Acacia, who believed I wasn't a complete idiot. My excuse for disappearing for the day was stupid and unrealistic as fuck, but it sort of, almost worked.

The excuse was that I was climbing trees, I fell. Hard. Then, I went unconscious for half a day, recovered in the other half. I wished my brain had a better excuse, but I also knew if anyone could fuck up climbing a tree, they all knew it would be me.

Some wolves laughed.

Others shook their head in anger.

Nathan looked at me with pure disbelief. Acacia gave me a questioning look.

Just as I was about to run over to my cabin, pretend this never happened, my father demanded me to see him in his office. The wolves gave me good lucks. They all knew what was going to happen to me. I was going to die, and my grave would probably exist under the tree I supposedly collapsed under. Having a "meeting" with the Alpha even if he was my father wasn't the position you wanted to get to. He was strict with his rules, he rarely showed kindness, but
he had a good heart.

My father's "office" was his cabin, the largest one in the camp. In fact, it was turning into an actual house that reminded me of a human house. I watched my father's silver eyes turn dark, and he seemed really angry with me. However, I was glad they were not red. Red Alpha eyes meant you were going to die.

"You fell of a tree and went unconscious?" He demanded, his voice controlled.

"Yes." My voice croaked. I wasn't sure if my lie was working on my father, but putting on a stupidity act was better than being smart. Once you mess up, people's expectations for you bring you down.

"I expected more from you, Lyra." He snapped, his voice full of dissatisfaction. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered. I just lowered his expectations for me. I knew he had some hope for me, maybe even a lot, but I was pretty sure now, all of that hope disappeared down an abyss of disappointments.

"We had search parties looking for you. We would have entered their camp if you hadn't been so stupid. The next time you disappear off like that, I will not hesitate to drop your case."

"I understand." I told him.

"As for your punishment, you will not interact anywhere out of this pack. I will not see you outside at the battle fields. You can only go training and learning with Marliee. Otherwise, you cannot leave your cabin. Even during dinner and breakfast hours. I'll get that delivered too you. You are under house arrest, as I may put it—"

"You can't do that!" I snapped.

"Yes, yes I can." His eyes of the Alpha appeared. The grey eyes transformed into red specks. Before I realized, I had stepped back. I was never as close to my father. Even when my mother was alive, I was always terrified of him. However, ever since she was gone, the distance between us had increased. We barely spoke, barely acknowledged each other. He was just as distant from Nathan. But with Nathan, he attempted to make a conversation; he was proud to call him his son. Never once in my seventeen years he told me he loved me. He only called to demand me, to order me.