14.

unedited

Chapter 14

Dickhead. Untrusting ass. Selfish. Arrogant. Vain.

I wanted to scream. And how dare I not know there was a pack attack going on? It was at that moment I remembered how my dad had banned me from going to any battle since I dropped Logan off. I was in fury—angry at everything—from Atlas to my pack. It was not my fault I didn't know.

Untrusting selfish arrogant ass. Why did my heart beat for an untrusting selfish arrogant ass? Why did I want to spend my time with him?

I wanted to scream. And yell. And throw arrows. And scream again. But I forced myself to calm down. Losing my mind wasn't going to do anything. But I had already lost my mind.

I sneaked back into my pack, trying to be calm. But by the time I arrived, there was barely anyone there. Most of the pack would have gone to battle. The others would be healers or already injured wolves. I was familiar with this silence. Before my first battle that Acacia took me with, this was the silence I was used to. I was left behind, and my job was simple. Going to the infirmary and helping Daisy cure the injured wolves.

So that was where I immediately headed.

The infirmary was also a cabin with just beds and strange smells of magical flowers and human medicine. The second I entered, I catch Daisy helping a girl who laid on the bed.

"Lyra! You're here!" She told me.

"They all went to the Tumultuous Pack home ground and no one told me? Why won't anyone tell me stuff? Is this how little you guys trust me?" I demanded. My voice came out so much harsher and bitter than I meant, but I was furious.

"I'm sorry Lyra. I made a promise to Nathan that I won't tell you. The Alpha was going to be furious." Daisy said, her voice softer than milk chocolate. "We trust you Lyra. I'm sorry."

I managed to calm myself down. I dropped my arrows and bow and helped Lyra with the injured wolves. I worked in silence. I didn't mean to lash out at Daisy. But my veins still felt like they were on fire and anger still followed me. The only thing on my mind was the look of anger and distrust on Atlas' face. He looked.... Disappointed. Fine then. I'm just as disappointed because you didn't trust me. You didn't even try to listen to me. 

"You okay, Lyra? I'm sorry." Daisy repeated.

"I'm fine, Daisy." I snapped. Again, my voice became harsh and rude.

Daisy quickly pulled away. I see her dark eyes turn away. She looks down, and I suddenly feel worse. Daisy didn't deserve my anger. I remember how Daisy's mate was gone at the hands of Atlas. He took the one person that was made for Daisy away from her. And here was. Strong as ever. The guilt followed me at an incredible rate.

Feeling my blood cool down, I turn to Daisy. "I'm sorry. I'm just—"