Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Ly clutched the little packet of blood in his shaking hands and for the first time in his life, he hesitated. He had waited a day, kept her blood refrigerated, but it made him itch. Knowing it was waiting for him, it was always in the back of his mind.

He wanted nothing more than to just rip open the bag and drink it all, but he remembered what Rome's blood had done to him the last time he tasted it, it had felt wonderful. He once again experienced the high pure, fresh blood could give, but he was afraid, knowing that he could very well fall back into old habits if he couldn't control himself.

But then, this was what he had been waiting for. This was the reason he spent so much time around Rome, or so he told himself. It had nothing to do with teaching her, nothing to do with the way she intrigued him, or how she made him feel. He wanted her blood, needed it, but now he was afraid that once he started again he wouldn't be able to stop.

He ran his hand through his hair, trying to convince himself that he didn't need this, that he had enough will power to put her delicious blood down and walk away. His hands shook and sweat began to bead on his forehead.

Growling, he ripped open the packet, realising the sweet smell of her blood into the air. His head spun as he poured the crimson liquid into a waiting glass and he tried to tell himself that the effect wouldn't be as bad this time. This time he was prepared for what was coming and he wouldn't lose control so completely.

* * *

Rome, once again, walked towards the car park where she usually waited for Ly before their lessons, though this time she didn't feel nervous, or uneasy in any way. She found that she also didn't care if Ly was in his usual bad mood. Something about what had happened to Melissa made her own problems seem small in comparison.

Melissa hadn't been in class again, and Rome wasn't really surprised. She didn't expect her friend to come straight back to uni after witnessing what had happened at the rally. Rome couldn't believe how lucky she had been to have left with Josh just before and could only be glad that her friend was safe. She just didn't have it in her to stay mad at the other girl, especially after what had happened.

It was a great relief that she hadn't been there during the attack. The police weren't saying much at the moment and there was no new information about what happened. All that was known was that two people had been killed, but there was a lot of speculation that vampires were involved.

As Rome reached the car park she spotted Josh standing next to a tall young man. They seemed to be discussing the dark, metallic grey convertible the unknown man was leaning against. The car looked oddly familiar.

“Alex?!” Rome cried out in surprise. The man standing next to Josh turned and smiled, confirming that it was indeed Alexander Armida, Rome's eldest brother. Her mother had told her he was coming to see her, but she hadn't expected to see him waiting for her after class.

“Hey, Rome,” Alex said, sounding a little confused as his sister walked up to them. He was exactly how Rome remembered him, slightly long dark brown hair, long in the front so it fell into his green eyes, the exact shade of hers. He always looked so casual, so relaxed, like he could just fit in everywhere. The exact opposite to his sister. “What are you doing out here?”

“What are you talking about?” Rome replied, frowning. It was really strange that she would see her brother out here, it wasn't as if her university was small. How had he mannaged to find her? “Aren't you here to see me?”

“Yes, well I went to your apartment, but your roommate said you were still here,” Alex said, smiling. “I was about to come in looking for you, but then this guy stopped me. Didn't I tell you this car would turn heads.”