Life Of The Party

*Ding* 

"ugh.. more.." 

Kasey's phone notifies her again and again. Her mother has been planning tonight's Halloween party for months and wishes Kasey would want to go. Kasey reaches for her phone that is placed on the table across from her and reads the messages. 

----

""Kasey honey, please come to the party.""     12pm

""I know you're 21 now and out on your own in your own apartment and stuff, but i miss the years where you loved my parties.""  12:30pm

""I made sure that this year was the best party i ever planned, you don't have to stay long. Just come say hi.""   3pm

""It starts at 8 if you're interested... I hope to see you..."   6:45pm

----

Kasey looks at her phone as she stands from her old, worn out, hand me down sofa. One of those old 70's plaid type couches that her uncle gave her when she moved out. 

*Ding*

It was a photo message. 

----

""Look how cute you were. This was from the first party I had..""   7:21pm

It was a photo of Kasey standing next to her mother on the front porch of their house. Kasey was dressed as a Bat holding a cute little Pumpkin bucket full to the brim with Halloween candy. Her smile was enormous. Kasey doesn't remember a lot but she remembers that day. She was 6. 

----

Kasey began to tear up. She knew her mother was upset. Kasey hasn't gone to see her mother for a few months, nor pick up the phone and call. Her mother was never a bad mom, in fact Kasey believed she was the best. She wasn't sure why she was ignoring her. Almost as if she never had the energy to talk to her own mother anymore. She knew that tonight would mean the world to her mom, and who knew, maybe she could rekindle their relationship and feel less guilty about ignoring her.

She looked at the time. 7:29pm. Kasey had 30 minutes to find a costume and head to her moms. Kasey only moved 15 minutes away. She hurried to her room and grabbed some black yoga pants, a black t-shirt, and her black converse tennis shoes. She ran to bathroom and did her make-up. A black smokey eye look with winged eyeliner and black lips. She looked through her old boxed up costumes from when she was younger and grabbed out a long black cape with a collar on it. The inside of the cape was a bright red while the outside was black. Last minute she ran to the bathroom to see her overall look. You could tell it was thrown together within 15 minutes. Kasey decided to slick back her midnight colored hair with expired hair gel she found in a cupboard.

Better. She thought. She grabbed her keys and her phone then ran out the front door. It only took her a total of 9 minutes to reach her mother's. Speeding, of course. She made it to the party at 7:55pm. Nervously she checked her phone one last time.

----

""Well I hope you enjoy your night no matter what you choose to do. Love you my little bat""   7:50pm

----

Kasey put her phone in her little dark purple side bag that only held a phone, small wallet and maybe some chapstick. She took a deep breath and parked her car in the road. Getting out of the car she looked up at the light blue, 2 story house she grew up in. The house was covered in orange and purple lights, fake spiderwebs, Jack O'lanterns, and other Halloween decorations. There was even fake blood splattered all over the side walk, porch and drive. The house even had blood splattered on it. There was also a fog machine on each side of the house. It honestly had a very creepy vibe. Kasey started walking up to house and hears a creaking sounds as if someone beat her to the porch. She stopped in her tracks. After a few seconds she continues up to the house. She then hears a wheezing and scream. Kasey jumps and let's out a little yelp. She looks in the direction of the noise and realizes there is a speaker placed in the bushes beside the walk way up to the porch.

Kasey let out a sigh of relief.

After Kasey made it up to the porch she realized more cars appearing in drive way and side road. She reaches for the door knob as the door swings open. Her mom nearly jumps on her and gives her a massive bear hug.

"Baby bat, you made it."

"Yeah, mom.. Hey, sometime tonight I would like to talk about how I've been acting." Kasey said nervously while smiling. Her mother continued to hug her.

"Of course." She replied softly. While letting her go. She looked Kasey up and down. "My baby bat is no longer a baby bat.. shes grown into a beautiful vampire." Her mother starts to tear up.

"Mom, please. People are arriving.."

"My bad.." Her mother says while wiping the tears that were there away. She smiles at Kasey.

Her mother was dressed up as Lily
from the munsters.

The outfit suited her well

The outfit suited her well. In fact, she even looked a little like Lily as well.

As everyone started to walk up the the house Kasey walked inside with her mother.

"You know where everything is sweetie, just hang out have some fun and I'll get with you later this evening. As the host I need to at least start the night off with welcoming the guests right?" Her mother said with a wink.

"Alright mom." Kasey replied with a weak smile. She walked forward through the living room that connected to the dining room to the right, which was decorated in all black with the only light being a red glow. Her mother replaced all the light bulbs in the living room and connecting room with red bulbs. There was also a fog machine indoors, as well as a speaker which was playing some Halloween themed songs and some pop culture music as well.

2 hours pass by. It's now 10pm. The house is full. At least 200 people packed in a 2 story house. Sure, but most of everyone was inside. They also had a decent sized yard and hedge garden that was full of people. Kasey needed to get a breath of fresh air so she decided to head out to the hedge garden. It took about 5 minutes to get through everyone and make it there. Her mother even put lights on all the hedges.

I wonder how expensive her electric bill will be? Kasey thought.

Kasey turned around the corner into the center of the hedge garden. Hedges on all sides of her. Her mother even had a table and set up placed in the center. Kasey looks to see who is around and her heart skipped a beat.

As she looked at the mysterious party goer sitting in front of her as he looked up in her direction he looked her in the eyes. Kasey panicked. It was as if she couldn't breathe. She felt sick. He was beautiful. His face was pale. His eyes were an icy blue, and his hair was a dark color, black? Perhaps a dark blue?. The lighting was too horrible for Kasey to be able to tell what color it actually was. Especially since she couldn't escape his gaze. Kasey was frozen.

He stood up and started walking towards her. He was in a similar costume. A black Cape and black clothes. Except his shoes were a type of combat boots. He was carrying a red solo cup half filled with a sort of liquid. As he got closer Kasey's heartbeat became stronger and started beating faster than she could've imagined.

"Hi, you must be Ms. Carters daughter." He said. His voice was as smooth as velvet.

Kasey's knees were weak. As she was trying not to fall.

"Y-yes... K-Kasey.. my name is.." She immediately regretted responding. She knew she just embarrassed herself. The mysterious boy giggled and smiled.

"My name is Daimon."