Chapter 20- Coronation

Chapter 20-Coronation

Courtney's POV:

"You look fine, Court." He smiled. I frowned and pointed my finger at him.

"I am going to murder you." I said stomping away. I went upstairs and dug in my duffel bag for a peach coloured dress, nude heels and a white cardigan. I got dressed quickly and tossed on some makeup and took out my bun. My hair went absolutely straight and down to my bum and I quickly ran downstairs.

They had already started when I bursted in. People stared at me and I smiled sheepishly and stayed at the back. There were so many people I was surprised. I didn't even see an empty seat. I stood with Tyler in the back, because some wolves were still iffy about his vampire blood and him being mated to Parker. I even heard whispers of me still being a human.

More of the ignorant wolves said a human has no business here. I ignored them naturally and just focused on David.

Andrew was speaking first.

"As you all may know, the coronation has been pressed sooner." He said. He sounded uncomfortable.

"My...disease has willed my body to weaken faster. Although some people do not agree with me, I am not fit to be alpha anymore." He said. Andrew was dying? He didn't seem like it.

"A werewolf disease." Tyler whispered reading my mind.

"It destroys his werewolf chromosomes making him weak like a human- no offense. And he will not be able to shift. He is old too because werewolves are immortal so he will die."

"How old is he?" I asked.

"Three hundred and fifty years old. He has been alpha for the last hundred years."

"Oh my god..."I whispered.

"David is the youngest werewolf to be given an alpha rank." He explained.

"David Summers will be given the rank of alpha. He has been chosen by the ancestors and he is the youngest werewolf to be an alpha. But I have faith that he will lead this pack and be strong." Andrew said grasping David's shoulder. He smiled approvingly at him and David nodded.

"Without further ado, I give you Alpha David." Andrew said. As he said this a needle full of dark red blood was given to Andrew and he injected it into David. David cringed and instantly passed out.

"what was that?" I gasped.

"The first alpha's blood. They save his blood and inject it into the new alpha's. It is said to he true alpha blood. It gives the new alpha's height and more dominance." Tyler explained.

"Will he be okay?" I asked.

"Of course. Just give him some time." Tyler assured. As he said that everyone seemed to have dispersed. That was fast...I was expecting something more extravagant.

I tried to look over the crowd to David but once the crowd moved David was gone.

"Oh...Okay." I sighed. I was suddenly alone and I pouted.

"Great vacation." I said sadly. I walked upstairs and changed putting on my winter jacket. I should go into town. I think there is a small mall there.

I grabbed the keys and went outside starting up the jeep. I drove into town and looked at all the small shops. Everyone was walking along the streets and going into the stores. I pulled into the mall parking lot and got out and went in.

I wasn't really determined to get anything, I just figured i would look around. I walked by myself as people stared at me. It was a small town so I'm pretty sure that everyone knows I don't belong here.