Chapter 26- David...

^^ David

Chapter 26- David...

Courtney's POV:

"Ouch." I winced as Dominic rubbed a cleansing alcohol gently over my cheek bone. Toms managed to get a good swing at me to knock me out; I had a black eye as well.

"I'm sorry." He murmured placing gauze over the scraped skin. I took a shaky deep breath and sighed.

"Dom." Someone called. I turned and David's father motioned for us to follow. We walked into the infirmary where David laid unconscious. His whole upper body was bandaged from the cuts and his breathing was laboured.

"David..."I cried running over and kneeling next to him. His eyes opened slightly and I rubbed his hand.

"Never...leave...my side...again." He said and I nodded.

"I promise I won't." I whispered placing a kiss to his hand. He nodded and moved his head back closing his eyes.

"We should let him rest." The doctor said touching my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I warned.

"I vowed to not leave his side. Even now, I will not leave." I said quietly. I guess they understood because they walked out except for Dominic who kissed my head.

"I love you, sis." He whispered quietly before leaving.

------

Over the next while I watched David intently. Occasionally someone would come in and give him balloons or flowers. Parker came in with Tyler and she hugged him loosely.

"I love you, Davey. You are going to get through this and you are going to come back to school and nag me about how bad it is to be with a vampire." She said. Tyler smiled and placed down the flowers that they had brought him; as they left David's little sister, Katie came in.

She had a small stuffed dog held in her hands and a small bag with some balloons.

"This is extremely lame but I did it anyways." She sighed setting down the stuff.

"I hate you, David. You better wake up or else I will punch you." She said with tears in her eyes. Katie was never one for emotions.

I began to get drowsy so I laid my head down and shut my eyes. After what felt like ten minutes I was awakened by a loud beeping sound. I looked at the heart monitor and the line had gone flat.

"David?" I whispered lightly shaking him and he didn't move.

"David!" I yelled, I was suddenly pushed roughly out of the way and I fell to the floor and a sharp pain arose in my stomach.

"Ow..." I grimaced touching my stomach as I sat back up. Dominic held out his hand and I took it standing up.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yea I'm fine." I said ignoring the pain. I looked over at David who's heart started back up.

"A minor set back. His alpha blood should help him heal now." The doctor said. I nodded taking a deep breath.

"Maybe you should lay down. You look a little pale." Dominic said nervously.

"Yea, I don't feel well." I said trying to catch my breath. Dominic picked me up and carried me.

"I could have walked." I said.

"Court, you look like you are going to pass out any second. I can manage." He assured. I rested my head against his shoulder and sighed.

"I don't feel well." I said.