Nine

"So Louis, anybody special in your life since I left?" Liam asked from next to me over a bowl of ice cream. I guess Liam did some shopping when he got back or this was just hidden in the back of the freezer because I have never seen if before.

   I felt my face heat up at the thought of actually being with somebody. Now, that's just a little bit out there for me. Liam's smile grew wide as he watched me for a moment. Did he really believe someone would want to be with me? I don't talk, at all. Either they like me for my 'looks' or they liked me before I stopped talking, which was a while ago.

   "Really! Why have I not heard of this person before?" Liam asked. 

    I shook my head at him hoping he would get the idea that there is nobody and probably won't be until I go to college. Everyone in this town seems the same and I don't want to get to know them like that.

   "There's nobody, is there?" I shook my head again, my face still red, and he let out a sigh. "I actually thought there was someone. If there wasn't, why were you blushing?" 

   I stared at him for a second. His mind was going to be turning with ideas whether I wrote it down in big, black words and shoved it in his face. Another smile grew on his face as his thought probably all clicked together.

   "You like someone don't you? That's why you were blushing and had that look like somebody came to your mind when I asked!" Liam concluded, smiling so wide that I couldn't even see the white of his eyes anymore.

   I shoved him over in his seat, almost making him fall off. He laughed before straightening himself on the bar stool. He ate a spoonful of Half Baked ice cream before turning to look at me. Liam smiled at me and I smiles back.

   "I missed you. It's good to be back home." Liam said. I smiled wider and nodded, agreeing with him. It was good to have him back home. He has been gone for too long, even though it hasn't been that long, it just feels like it.

   "C'mon, let's go sit on the couch. I have a ton of stories to tell you about school and what has happened with me. Maybe we can even watch a movie or two. Just a thought, where is everyone?" Liam asked as he looked around the house. I shrugged my shoulders as we made our way towards the couch.

..

..

..

   "Louis are you home?" Uncle Kyle called out into the house, my sister's laughter trailing behind his own voice.