Seven

I paced back and forth in my room for what felt like hours. Pretty soon, there would be marks in my carpet from where I have been walking back and forth. I wanted to stop pacing but I couldn't, not with everything that has happened in the past days.

     Zayn, the closest thing to a best friend I have, how could he do that to me? No. How dare he do that to me. That was the most private thing I have ever told him with specific instructions to it, LET ME HANDLE IT MYSELF. It was that and don't tell anybody. Clearly only one got through his thick skull.

   I ran my fingers through my curls, tugging them slightly, getting more frustrated than earlier. What was I going to do about him? I can't ignore him, he would say something about it. I also can't exclude him from our group, I don't know who is more popular out of the two of us and who would side with who.

 If I can't ditch him, I can embarrass him. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Maybe that phrase will actually come in handy now. I don't want to declare him as an enemy, I just don't know if I can consider him my closest friend, or a true friend, anymore. 

  How could I really embarrass him? It's Zayn, not much gets to him. He's not an open book but he doesn't tell me much either. I can think of something that he has mentioned or I can wait it out and see what happens.

   Thinking seems like too much work at this time, or any time. So, waiting it out it is! Let's just hope something appears soon, revenge doesn't wait for anyone. I sat down on my bed, happy with the plan I have made.

   Now I can tell Mrs. Taylor I know who it is and ask her for help on my plan. Wait, she isn't going to help me. She will probably tell Zayn what I am planning on doing if I tell her. So count her out on this whole thing. Maybe I will just have to keep it a secret from everyone.

   That means I have to act like I don't know anything at all. Will I be able to manage that? What about Louis? I have to tell Zayn we have to stop messing with him. What if he thinks something is up with that though? I can come up with something by tomorrow when I tell him.

   ...

   ...

   ...

   I pulled up in front of the school into my regular parking spot, smiling like a maniac. Hopefully I can pull off the innocent act and Zayn won't question my actions. 

   I walked up to my locker and twisted the lock, putting in my combination. My locker unlocked momentarily as I opened it and started to put my books in, feeling proud that I actually did my homework last night.