Chapter 25: Give It Up Already

When we get back to the hotel, we all end up going to the room that we'd met the boys in last night when we first arrived. Sitting down in there, I know what's coming and I know there's no escaping it at this point.

"Minsae, how long have you two been together." My brother questions, though it comes out as more of statement from his cold tone. Pulling myself from Jungkook's side to sit up more properly, I duck my head.

"Almost two weeks now." I answer quietly, feeling like a small child who'd gotten in trouble and has just been waiting for the scolding that you know has been coming.

"What the fuck did I tell you about dating my bandmates, let alone just getting close to them? What did I say about hiding a relationship behind my back, Minsae?" He snaps. I wince at the tone in his voice, wishing things didn't have to be this way.

"I - Hobi..." I try to speak, not being able to find the words. I truthfully don't know what to say.

"Why is it such a crime for us to be together, Hoseok? What is so terribly wrong that it just kills you?" Jungkook cuts in, anger in his voice as he puts an arm around my shoulders.

"I don't want the two of you together. That's what's wrong. I told you guys I didn't want her dating any of you." He replies sharply.

Pulling away from Jungkook, I stand up. Shaking my head as I take a shaky breath, I lift my head up to look my brother in the eye as a tear slips down my cheek.

"She's right. I really never could win, could I? I never will be good enough for you. Will I, Hobi?" I question quietly. He just rolls his eyes at me though.

"I fucking told you to stay away from them and instead you've been fucking my bandmate behind my back. You fucking disgust me." He says with a glare.

"Yeah, but it never would've mattered. It doesn't matter if I'm dating Jungkook or if I would've been dating Jimin or Taehyung, or if I wasn't dating any of them. Does it? It doesn't matter what I do or don't do, Hoseok. It really just isn't possible for me to make you happy. I couldn't do it when I was younger before you'd left to become a trainee despite everything I'd done then. I can't do it now either, no matter what." I tell him, managing a small smile despite the tears.

"Hoseok, what is it that you can't just let her be happy? Why do you have to constantly be cruel to her and tear her down whenever you have the chance? She's never done anything to you." Mina asks with a frown, pulling away from him.

"Mina, stay out of this." He says, shaking his head at her.

"No, Hoseok. Really. What have I done to you? Out of all the shit I've gone through and never gotten an explanation for why from any of it, why is it that you can't at least tell me why it is you hate me so much?" I question, the tears beginning to fall faster. He just glares at me though.

"Oh shut up, Minsae. You act like you've have the hardest life ever. Life isn't fair and it's not easy. Get over yourself." He responds with an eye roll. Ducking my head, I just laugh. I laugh at his response. At his words. At his thinking it's things I didn't already know.

"Minsae, why're you laughing?" Tae asks hesitantly. Picking my head back up to look at my brother, I shake my head at him.

"I... I promise you, Hoseok. You're only telling me things I already knew. I never claimed it was fair. I never said that life should be easy. But I'm glad that you think that my life has only been nothing but a ball of sunshine, Hoseok. I'm glad you think that the only struggles I've faced are the ones that you've witnessed since we had to move in together." I inform him with the smallest smile. Turning back to Jungkookie, I give him a small smile as well.