Chapter 12: Hard News

I rub my face tiredly the next evening just before the door to the practice room opens. Turning and finding Taehyung and Jungkook in the doorway, I give them a tired smile before turning the music off and grabbing my bag before heading over to them.

"Still need to grab birthday presents for the girls?" Kookie asks as we walk to the hall. I groan, nodding my head in frustration at myself. I'd forgotten once again to go get some.

"Luckily there's still a few stores open near here. We can go there before we head home." Tae says as we walk down the hallways.

As we round the next corner, all three of us come to a screeching halt at the sight before us. Standing just a few feet further down the hall, Jimin has his hands cupping Jingsah's cheeks as he kisses her. The small smiles on their faces as they kiss is clear, though it doesn't stop them.

"Jimin hyung! Come on, we're leaving now and Jin hyung will kill us if we don't come back with you again." Tae calls to him.

Jungkook places his hand on my back, grabbing the back of my shirt gently as he pulls me ever so slightly closer to him. Both of us are tense at the sight while Tae just seems down right annoyed.

"Fineeee. I'll see you tomorrow, baby." Jimin tells Jingsah, leaning down and pecking her lips one last time before turning back to us.

"Oh, by the way, is it okay if she joins us tomorrow and Sunday to celebrate the girls birthdays?" He asks.

Both boys look down to me, which brings both of their attentions to me as well. I can see the hard glare that she shoots me and I feel myself shrink slightly in place. Kookie catches it instantly though, glancing over at them from the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah. That's fine." I answer softly, looking down and biting my lip afterwards.

"Are you sure, Minnie? She doesn't have to come if you don't want her to. She hardly knows the girls." Kookie questions softly. Taking a deep breath, I nod my head.

"It's fine, Kookie. Let's just go before the stores close." I tell him, attempting to keep my hands from shaking. Looking back up, I see Jimin grinning happily as Jingsah simply gives me a smirking triumphant look.

"Thanks, Minsae!" Jimin cheers, hugging Jingsah one last time before the four of us head out the opposite direction as her.

We're all fairly silent for the rest of the evening while we're out. There's a few fans that end up interrupting us while we're out, but eventually I manage to find a few gifts for Hyejin and for Won.

"Jimin, are you and Jingsah dating now?" Tae asks quietly as we finally begin our walk back to the house. He keeps his voice down in case of any fans or media reporters possibly being around without our knowledge. We all glance over at him to find a deep blush on his cheeks.

"Yeah. I confessed late this morning." He answers, rubbing the back of his neck with a grin on his lips.

"Minsae, you're friends with Jingsah, right? You two get along well together and like her company, right?" Jimin asks, looking over at me with an unreadable expression. Biting my lip for a second, I know I don't want to answer his question.

"Yes, Jimin. We were friends and we get along." I lie. He grins, giving Kookie some sort of triumphant look himself. Jungkook rolls his eyes, glaring at his hyung before shaking his head.

"Good. I'm glad. That means there shouldn't be any issues with us being together then and that there shouldn't be any issues with her hanging out with us a lot more." He says happily.

I duck my head, biting my lip. I know I shouldn't have lied, but he seems to really like her. Besides, I couldn't even bring myself to tell Kookie yesterday about why I was crying. If I can't even do that, how am I supposed to explain to Jimin that she's one of the last people I ever wanted to see again? That she's the reason being in school was a living hell for me?