Chapter 10: Kind Explanations

Jungkook POV

When we reach the house, I bounce Minnie gently to wake her up a bit. I hear her hum softly in question as she moves her head around on my shoulder a bit.

"We're back at the house, Minnie." I tell her, turning my head so that I can glance over at her.

I can tell she's, at best, half awake at the moment. She just nods her head tiredly, not making any move to suggest that she cares and is getting down. I chuckle softly with a smile, shaking my head at her as I let go of one of her legs in order to open the door.

Walking in the house and shutting the door behind us, she whimpers softly at the sudden light that's now shining above us. Her arms wrap slightly tighter around my neck as well as her legs around my waist as she buries her face into the crook of my neck in an attempt to block some of it out.

However, as I'm walking down the hall towards the living room, she huffs in defeat as she goes back to resting her head on my shoulder. Smiling as I glance over at her, she's definitely only half awake at best. Her eyes are fluttering open and shut as she begins trying to fight sleep once more.

When we reach the living room area, Hoseok gives us one look before glaring as he gets up and stalks off to his room. I hear Minnie let out a soft sigh, glancing over at her to find a small pout on her lips as her eyelids keep fluttering. I know she saw Hoseok leave.

"Where's Jimin?" Jin asks with a frown, snapping me back to paying attention to them.

I bite my lip, wondering if it's the best idea to say anything with Minnie on my back right now. She definitely didn't seem to like having that girl around and I don't want to upset her just by bringing her up.

"I don't know. He was still at the studio when we left." I answer with a sigh. I can see the worried looks from the girls just at the sight of Minnie, while the boys are concerned as to why the hell I left the studio without Jimin hyung.

"Why'd you leave him at the studio alone?!" Namjoon asks with a deep frown, seeming almost angry.

I hear Minnie whimper again quietly, probably soft enough that I was the only one to hear. Looking over at her, she rests her chin on my shoulder as she continues to fight sleep.

"Some of the female staff stopped us on the way out. While they'd had us stopped, some new girl came up and introduced herself. Said she'd gone to school with Minnie and started up conversation." I stop myself there, feeling her arms tighten slightly.

I can hear her attempting to breathe and struggling a bit, causing me to frown instantly. Setting her down, she stumbles slightly before beginning to walk away. I grab her arm though, pulling her back.

"Minnie, stop. Come here." I say softly, trying to pull her back to me. She shakes her head though, forcing in a hard deep breath as she pulls away.

"No, stop. I have work to do anyways." She breathes out. I shake my head though, grabbing both her arms and pulling her into me.

"Minnie, stop. You're exhausted and you need to rest, not work. Now stop, shhh. You need to breathe." I whisper, holding onto her tightly until she quits fighting.

She finally gives in, resting her forehead against my chest with one hand gripping my tee shirt tightly and the other pressing to my side. I loosen my hold on her, rubbing her back and whispering comforting things in her ear while trying to ignore everyone's gaze on us.

You know, it really is frustrating at times. The guys can all be hanging out with their girlfriends or just the girls in general, and there's never any questions asked. Nobody really cares too much or pays them much of any mind unless they're teasing them. The moment I'm around Minnie though, it's as if they've never seen anything like it before and as though it's the most bizarre thing in the world.