Chapter 9: Good News and Setbacks

Finishing up the last of the lyrics, I groan before tossing the paper on the table before me. Leaning back in the chair and stretching, a yawn slips from my lips.

Shaking my head, I gather up all of the songs and begin reviewing all of the lyrics as I play the music with them. Deciding that I'm content with all of it finally, I throw the papers as I cheer.

"It's about fucking time!" I cheer, sad but happy to be finished.

I'm beyond irritated that it took me this long but for all the love in the world am I happy to have been able to finally finish it. Alright, so if I'm being completely honest, I've not been home for a little over two weeks now.

I definitely have grown to miss the girls and I've actually found myself missing Jungkook quite a bit. I had to do it though, otherwise there's no way I ever would've gotten finished with the songs and kept up on my classes. I was already dealing with the three BTS staff members giving me shit and I couldn't handle going home just to get more of it.

"Hello?" I hear Hyejin's voice on the other end of the phone when I call her.

"The songs are finished! Get the girls and be here soon so that we can start getting them recorded." I tell her happily. I hear her squeal before telling the others excitedly.

"We'll be there soon!" She answers before hanging up.

I smile, shaking my head as I gather the papers back up. Once I've collected all of my things, I head over to the recording room to wait for the girls. I send a quick text to Manager Nim that the songs are finished and now waiting to be recorded before I pull the songs back out.

Looking through all of them a few more times, I soon pick one for the title track. Biting my lip, I play the song over a few times with the music in attempt to confirm its the one I want for the title track.

When the girls burst through the door, I'm almost instantly pulled into a group hug. I laugh a bit at their excitement and happiness, shaking my head at the group of them.

"Here. Let's get this one recorded first. I think it's the one that's going to end up being the title track which means I need it recorded so I can come up with choreography and video ideas for it." I say, taking charge as I set it in the booth for them to start with.

Getting everything under control, the girls quickly get to work as they look things over.

"I'm glad to have you back, Minnie." Won says with a smile as she puts her arm around my shoulder.

I just give her a small smile and nod my head as I work on the things I have to do on my laptop. A little bit later, the boys all sneak into the room. Looking over at them, I don't hesitate in taking notice that my brothers not with them while the rest give me small smiles and waves as they fill the room up the rest of the way.

I quickly move from my spot on the couch so that they have enough room. The older boys quickly pair up with their girlfriends while Mina, Hyejin, Solbi, and Won pair up together with each other.

I can tell Mina's a little disappointed that Hoseok didn't come but she masks it as she focuses on work and the others in the room with her. Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook fill up the last of the seats in the room, leaving me with nowhere but the floor to sit. Though, I don't mind much. It's nothing I'm not used to with trying to always fit even just eight people together in a room.

"Minnie, you shouldn't be sitting on the floor." Jungkook says with a frown when his eyes lay on my body sat on the floor. I just give him a small smile, shaking my head. I know most of the room catches him calling me by my nickname, but I don't really care. I told him he could call me by it.