Epilogue

A Year Later.

There is no evidence of Jocelyn ever crossing into the pack border that day. Search parties were sent to and fro. End to end, of the pack territory looking for the wanted assailant. But yet, no dice.

Jason, Alec, and Luke finally let up on their worries. Nothing strange has happened lately to make them feel threatened. Kacy, Spencer, and I now live at the pack house running the place. We have taken on our duities with quite seriousness. 

I'd say we are pretty damn good at it too. No one dares question our judgment and no one sees a reason to do so. Kacy is incharge of the training facilities. Jason may be the one who teaches the classes, but Kacy makes sure that the pack is getting the skills needed to defend the territory, and the right tools needed to gain that knowledge. 

Spencer is in charge of the battle and peace making plans. While Alec helps along side her. She loves it. It means that she is surounded by books all of the time. This would make me go crazy, but to Spencer it's a dream come true. Kacy and I don't argue with it. If it's what Spencer wants to do it's fine by us.

As for me and Luke, we take turns in leading the pack meetings. Making sure everyone is taken care of. We keep tabs on rising packs, seeing if they're a soon to be threat. 

So far life is great and Christina is a new member of the pack. It took a lot of convincing on my part to let her stay. Luke was not too thrilled with the idea, but considering how Christina helped with the whole Jocelyn thing it was the least I could do.

I've been feeling slightly under the weather lately.  I haven't mentioned anything to anyone. Not wanting the attention that people give me when I am sick.

So I called the pack doctor yesterday,  to set up a consult for today. I'm not worried about my health.  I'm sure I just caught a bug or something, but for Luke's sake, if he were ever to find out,  I might as well take the precautions.

I told everyone that I was going to visit my mother.  That would give me a hour to get this over with before anyone would suspect anything was going on. 

The only person I hadn't fooled with my act was Cam. She looks at me the way my mother does when something is bothering me.

Call it a mother's intuition if you will, but she hasn't questioned me about it yet. I'll take it while I can.

I drove my car into the back parking lot of the hospital so that it was not in plain sight. I could have walked, but that would have created suspision as my mother's house is a fifteen minute drive from the pack house let alone walking.

I made sure no one was near me as I hurried out of my car and into the building.  Dr. Bennet was already waiting for me. He smiled, "Good afternoon Luna."

"Hello Dr." I replied out of curtosity.

"Follow me." He began to walk me into an empty room and motioned for me to sit on the rather large blue check up bed for short term patients.  He shut the door and looked up at me with his chart in hand, ready to write.

"Now what is it that has been troubling you lately?" This question made me feel more like I was in a psych ward rather than a doctor's office.

"Well," I began. "I catch the flue every now and then, but never for long periods of time. I find myself absolutely repulsed by foods I used to love. Sometimes I eat way more than I should." I looked at him. "Am I depressed? Because really, you can tell me. It would make sense. I have been more emotional lately."

I waited for his answer. He smiled and laughed. Really? I don't see this as a laughing matter.  I stared him down.

He must have realized what I was thinking because he then put up his hands in defense.  " Oh no Luna. I'm not laughing at the condition you just presented." He paused for a moment and filled out a prescription slip and handed it to me. "I've just never heard a pregnant patient think so deeply into their health before.

I froze did he just say Pregnant?

He opened the door, "Now go home. You will be fine."

"Wait. What do I do?"

"Do exactly what is on the slip and you should be fine. " He smiled at me. " Oh and you might want to tell the Alpha about this."

The walk to my car went by in such a haze. I don't even remember driving home. I walked into the house and shut the door.

"You're home early, " Luke looked at me curiously. 

Crap. I forgot. I needed to stay out for another thirty minutes before coming home. 

" Oh yeah...um... mom had to do something." I lied.

Luke bought it. " Ok well I'm going to go help Jason with training.  I'll see you later." He kissed me on the forehead and ran out the door.

What am I going to tell Luke? What's stopping me from telling him?

Is it that I'm not ready to be a mother? That I might end up to be a horrible mother?

I walked up the stairs and into the bedroom. I looked at the slip that Dr. Bennet had given me. He had only wrote down but four words:

Get lots of sleep.

Well that was stupid.  Why couldn't he just tell me that. Instead,  he waisted perfectly good ink and a slip that he could have used for a patient who really needed it.

On the other hand, now that I think about it, I am feeling quite tired. 

I laid back onto the bed and closed my eyes.

A scene flashed into my dream.

I made my way back into the clearing to see the wolf, now staring down an eight year old girl. She look horrified not moving she turned her head in my direction and looked at me helplessly.

"Tori," she whispered, and before I could do any thing the wolf pounced, leaping at the child......

I awoke. It was now clear to me. I was afraid of the fate that may wait my child.

So what did ya think?? I might write another book leading into the child's perspective but I'm not entirely sure yet.  :) thanks for reading. Hey and if you would, please go check out my other books and let me know your feed back :)