the forest

This is unedited so please ignore the mistakes and enjoy

I caught up with Kacy and Spencer, "where should we go?," Spencer asks looking towards me.

"Ummmmm... I think my grandparents have stuff we can use in their garage."

"Brennon, go be a decoy and run that way," I told him as I pointed in the other direction. "Got it" he said, and he took off running.

Spencer nodded and turned the corner into a neighborhood that my grandparents live in.

One we made it to their house i could see that my grandparents were not home because there was no car in the drive way and that Brennon being the bait had worked because there were now only a few guys tailing behind us. They were far enough away that i could easily grab what i need and run, so that's exactly what I did.

I rolled myself under the partially open garage door, and Kacy and Spencer followed suit. I went to my grandpa's work bench on the side wall and began handing tools back to Spencer and Kacy. I found a lot of ropes, as wells as a few pulleys, stakes, and hooks. This will have to do, I thought as Kacy yelled from behind me, "ummm...Tori, they are getting closer," there was a trace of worry in her voice, and she was right.

I could hear their confused yelling just a few houses down, "where did they go?" one of them asked. I could tell that the owner of this voice was around Brennon's age and that he must be in very good shape because he sounded no ware near out of breathe as the next man did.

"...I don't...know...," the other panted.

I looked to Kacy and Spencer and nudged my head towards the back door of the garage. They nodded their heads in understanding, and we tiptoed our way through the garage trying not to make any noise. We almost were successful, if Kacy had not stumbled her way into the neatly placed rack of bikes and knocked them over like dominos.

A huge crash erupted and bikes, along with Kacy, toppled over. "why do your grandparents have so many bikes?" she groaned as she pulled herself off of the pile. "I mean really, there is only two of them" Kacy stated while throwing her hands into the air.

"So, my grandpa likes to collect bikes. Sue me." I retort back in a whisper. I don't really know why I was still trying to stay hidden, I mean our cover had already been compromised.

"Think I heard something," a new voice stated, but this time a whole lot closer to where the three of us currently were. Whelp, it's a good thing that my grandparents aren't home because boy, my grandpa would be fuming at the moment. Not just because there are many shirtless men running about, he sees this as disrespectful, and that they are looking for me, his only granddaughter, but also the fact that Kacy probably just ruined his life obsession. Spencer looked at us both with wide eyes and mouthed, "leave. Now." and she gabbed her finger towards the direction of the door.

You didn't have to tell us twice because both Kacy and I were nearly at full sprint racing to the door. Thankfully, my grandparent's house was one of the few with the forest right outside in their back yard. We all took off in the forest's direction.

I gave a big sigh. I don't know if I like the forest much anymore. I think I have a good reason for this feeling with the reoccurring dreams, the being chased once again through the forest, and the fact that this time it is by more than one scary beefy man dog. I shivered at the thought.

Ok, I have to admit I never really got a good look of any of the men now tailing me, so I should not refer to them as scary, but I know for a fact that they are beefy and most likely the mix of man and dog.

Spencer caught up to me and asked, "So Tori, what's you brilliant plan?" I didn't really have too much in mind. "Do you remember in Physics how we learned about balancing masses and we had to build our own pulley system?" I asked turning my head towards her.