Mother Dearest

:)

Luke and I got into his truck packed with guards and drove to my house. I don't know what to call it any more. I now seem to consider the pack house as home. It certainly feels like home to me. More so than this place.

I got out of the truck and looked at the place I used to call home. It was small but still quaint with its warm colored bricks and soft green yard. looking at it, I no longer feel the small pull that used to surface in me when I used to come back home after a long trip away. It's funny how life works like that.

I wonder if this is exactly how Brennon felt when he saw this place for the first time sense being thrust into a new universe.  Luke took my hand and we walked to the front door.

I walked right in. Mom wouldn't care that I entered. In fact she would probably rather insist that I did.

I guided Luke into the kitchen where I knew she would be.

And there she was, sitting on the kitchen counter, digging into some ice cream, and skimming over the magazine she held in her lap. She was completely unaware of another presence in the room. I inwardly laughed at her.

I let go of Luke's hand and moved by her side. Not before grabbing myself a spoon so that I can take some of her ice cream.

Peering over her shoulder with a spoon full of ice cream I asked, “What ya reading?”

"Oh just some new house tips to make this place look less empty now that you and your brother are gone" She answered back casualy.

After a few seconds of processing mother froze, dropping her spoon and magazine and then engulfed me in a big hug.

“Tori, you’re alive!"

“You sound so surprised.”

She pulled away then softly slapped me on the shoulder repeatedly, " Well what was I supposed to think?! My only daughter was kidnapped buy a crazy person."

"I put up my hands to stop her hands in midair, “You make a valid point."

She looked up around the room, finally noticing the many persons the filled the kitchen area. She saw Luke then smiled, “Hello Luke."

"Hi, Ms. Conners…. I mean Jenna." Luke replied back coming off a bit nervous.

My mother giggled and whispered to me, "I’ll never get tired of that."

"So Tori my love, what are your plans? Your bother already decided to move three hours away. "

"I came to see you to let you know that I am in fact found." I answered.

She sighed and gave me a know all look. "Are you sure? Tori honey, I can read you like a book. Maybe it's new to you too, but I know there is something more."

I slouched my shoulders, grabbed the tub of ice cream of the counter and took a seat on the stove top across from my mother. "How are you so good at this?" I questioned. Shoving a spoon full of ice cream in my mouth, I waited for her reply.

"Be a mother for eighteen years and it will come naturally to you too." She looked up at Luke, "Luke, would you be a dear and go upstairs and grab the box under my bed?" Luke nodded and left the room. Mom then stared down the guards that still flooded the kitchen. They awkwardly scooted themselves out into the main hallway. I smirked. "What's in the box under your bed?"

She shrugged, "Nothing. I just wanted him out of the room so I could talk to you in private"

Gosh I love this woman!

“Now spill” She looked at me eagerly.

I sighed and told mom about the dreams I was having, and how my future child was going to be hunted down by my crazed kidnapper. I also told her about the feeling I got when I looked at the house after getting out of the car. She seemed to understand most of it, but was still confused about the whole baby thing though.

"Tori love, I'm going to tell you want I told Brennon. If you feel like you’re needed elsewhere, then don't let me be the one to hold you back. And although I may not fully understand your situation, everything happens for a reason. You can't let fear pull you off track. When something comes, you'll figure out a way to get through it. You're very intelligent."

She kissed my forehead, "Now go get your boyfriend. He must be terribly confused. And go live your life for you."

I gave her a good bye hug and then walked up the stairs and into my mother's room. Luke was frustrated. When I looked up at him, he had lifted the bed up off the floor with irritation written all over his face. "I can't find it." He whined.

I patted him on the back, "Luke honey, putting the nice bed back on the floor, Gently." He did as he was told. I grabbed his hand and started to pull him out of the door. "Now come on."

"But what about the box?"

I gave a small laugh, "It's ok. It wasn't important any way."

Luke, the guards, and I got back into the truck and drove back to the pack house. It was nearly night fall and I was tired.

When we got back home I went straight to bed and fell asleep. I've made my decision. I'm going to be a part of this pack's life. Not that I was ever thinking about not being here. It's just didn't truly hit me until now, that I was never going to be able to live without Luke in my life, and If being with Luke means that I will have to lead this pack, then so be it.

This is my original end to the story, but I felt mean so I made you an epilogue.  :) I'll post it soon. I promise. Please vote and Comment