At First Spill

*Please tell me if you like it*

"Tori I need you to pick up some groceries for me at the store" my mother's voice rang up the stairs. "Ok mom. Just one second" I said while putting on my shoes. I don't know why she always makes me go to the store for her. She is perfectly capable of doing it herself, but I guess I shouldn't mind seeing as she has done so much for me anyway,

I grab my keys that were sitting on my dresser and ran out of my room. At least getting the groceries gives me something to do. All I've done this week is sit around my house eating captain crunch and watching T.V. I haven't been real picky about what I watch at least abc family is having some sort of marathon. It seems like they will just throw in a Harry Potter marathon for any occasion, whether it's the Fourth of July, Christmas, or Easter. Right now it is the Fourth of July marathon so I've watched almost every Harry Potter movie with in the past couple of days.

I get in my car and pull out of the drive way flipping through the radio stations. Finding a good song on the radio is hard when you are in the middle of nowhere. All I get is a bunch of talk shows and country music. Not that I have a problem with country music, but if I had the choice I would rather listen to something else. I finally settle on a station that I've never heard before the station is playing the top twenty hits of the summer and so far they're on number seventeen, so I turn the radio down so it is just a background noise as the next song comes on because I hate driving in silence.

My phone starts to ring in my pocket as I approached a stoplight. I pull it out as I came to a complete stop and answered it.

"Hello?" I said not even bothering to check caller ID.

"Hey, Tori" it was one of my best friends Kacy."I need you to come and pick me up and take me away from the boredom that is my house."

" Haha ok. Well you're in luck because I am near your house now and am picking up some stuff for my mother so you can help me."

"Deal! How long will it be until you get here?"

"Soon. I'm one block away from you right now so it shouldn't take too long."

"Ok! See you in a bit!"

And before I could say good bye she hung up on me.

The light turned green and I drove myself to Kacy's house to pick her up and as I pulled into her drive way she ran out the door almost tripping on the porch step as she flung herself towards my car. Trying to hold back a laugh as she yanked my car door open I said," Wow you must have been deprived of all contact if your that eager to come buy groceries with me."

"Yes, actually I am. Are you aware of what I've been through these past couple of days? My mother won't stop singing Blurred Lines by Robbin Thick and dancing all around the house while she cleans! And I can't very well tell her to stop because she bought head phones the size of boulders. They block out every noise imaginable."

I busted out into laughter. "I love your mother she is so care free."

We finally made it to the store and walked in the front door.

"So what did your mum want from the store anyway?"

"You know I don't really know. I kind of just ran out of the door no questions asked."

"Alright then," Kacy said. "Shall we just get the necessities then? What are you low on?"

"Sounds good. I think we needed milk, bread, butter, and eggs"

" Ok we'll split up I'll go get the milk and butter sense there roughly around the same area and you go get the bread and eggs"

"Plan." and with that we split up.