I Was Never Any Good at Hide and Seek

So guys, I'm leaving for Mexico tomorrow and won't be back until God knows when. I thought I would be generous and post this chapter before I leave. I know, I know I'm a saint. But, just because I'm going to be gone for what feels like forever does not mean I don't want to hear your thoughts and comments, so don't be shy while I'm away.

I've been working really hard in trying to clear Chirstina's name. Every so often I would find a report about a girl with dark black hair roaming the area, but nothing too substantial.

"Tori you need to stop worrying and get some fresh air," Luke said with concern as he pulled me away from the computer before I could finish what I was writing down.

"No, not until the perp is caught, will I ever stop to smell the roses."I told him trying to pull myself back to the computer, but Luke was too strong.

He forced me out of the office and before I knew it I was in the front yard. "I won't let Christina get you." He tried to comfort me. I put the pen I was writing with in my messy bun.

"That's the thing Luke. I don't think that it was Christina that gave the tip to Thor. It's too simple of an answer."

"Tori, not everything in life is complicated." We were walking through the forest now, well Luke was walking while I stood on his feet. "Why do you want it to be some one else?" he asked me.

"Why do you want it to be Christina?" I replied.

Luke stopped and sighed, "Tori."

I stepped away from him and turned around, "Luke." I mimicked his voice.

He ran his hands through his hair like he does when he gets really frustrated.

"What? Say it. Tell me what you're thinking. I'm a big girl, I can handle it." I put my hands on my hips and stared him down.

He smiled, "You're cute when you get all bossy."

I wave my hand in dismissal and start to walk away, "You are such a boy." I complained.

I walked past some trees and through a couple of bushes, far enough away that Luke no longer had a clear view of me, when out of nowhere two hands came out and grabbed me pulling me downward and into the bushes. I let out a scream before the mysterious hands covered my mouth.

"Be quite or you're or dead," A voice said into my ear.

"Tori!" Luke yelled for me. I could hear him getting closer as his feet hit the forest floor. He stopped right in front of the bush I was hidden in and looked around. "Tori!" he yelled again.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I wanted so badly to call out to Luke, for him to hear me and save me, but I couldn't. The person that held me squeezed me tighter. Oh my gosh I might die. This might be the day I was chosen to leave the earth. I couldn't stop the tears now. They blurred my vision and ran sown my cheeks.

Luke looked around and yet it was no good. His wolf came forward as he searched the area again, combing through the bushes next to me. Luke looked like he was about to murder some one. A guard came out of nowhere and stopped in-front of Luke causing Luke to stop his search, "Alpha, their has been a trespassing. Some one has gotten through the pack lines." The guard saw Luke's eyes and took a precautionary step back.

Luke was seeping anger, "What!" he yelled. "You let an enemy through!" He began to shake and his veins started to show. "Find them now!" The gaurd ran off. He looked glad to be getting as far away from Luke as possible.

Luke looked around one last time and then ran further into the forest. I started to kick my legs, trying to make as much noise as possible, but it was no use Luke was already too far away to hear it. A sob came forth as I watched Luke run out of sight.

"Shut up, I hate whiners," My kidnapper growled.

I looked up at the person to see that he/she was wearing a cloak. Their face was covered by a long hood. "Are you just going to lie there staring at me?" the cloaked figure asked.

"Are you going to keep your face covered like that?" I asked whipping my eyes and  catching my breath.

"As a matter of fact I am. Now get up."

"Why? So you can take me somewhere only to throw me into a dark creepy cellar. That's right I've seen the movies. A person in a shady disguise comes and snatches people a way for their own enjoyment."

"My god! Stop talking. Geeshh, no wonder you're Luke's mate. He needs someone that can out talk him." The cloaked person pulled out hand cuffs from inside their cloak and began to walk towards me.

I gained courage all of the sudden as I yelled, "No." and got up and took off running. The mystery person ran after me.

I wish I could say that I was gallivanting through the forest, but this folks was far from entertaining. I looked back to see if I could see if I was still being followed. What I saw behind me was a big scary as crap wolf. Not just any wolf no, the big creepy one that I first laid eyes on when I took my first steps ever into the forest. It was gaining on me. I swerved as an attempt to get it to fall back, but no can do. This puppy was going nowhere.

Ha ha see what I did there? ... Puppy. God I'm loosing it.

This was like my dreams all over again. Then I realized... the little girl in my last dream. What is going with Sasquatch was the only way I could save her?

What if she's not real and you're making her up? My mind taunted me.

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

I threw myself into a bush and down a hill so I could by some time. I quickly searched through my pockets and found a scrap of paper. I pulled out the pen I so conveniently stashed in my hair and started to write;

Luke, Sasquatch has taken me. Call Christina.

After doing that, I looked up and saw the wolf at the top of the hill and it came charging at me. I took off running and made my way back up the hill.

I have to put this in a place where Luke will look. Then I saw a pair of gym shorts stashed in a tree. Whelp this has to count for something.

I placed the piece of paper of the pair of shorts and waited.

The wolf came out from behind the trees and stopped.

I held out both hands in front of me and said, "I'm ready now."

The wolf gave me a suspicious look and then walked behind a couple of trees. Soon a figure appeared wearing a very large t-shirt and then stepped into the light letting me see their identity and a large whiff of perfume hit me.

Jocelyn.

Merry Christmas :) Please Comment and Vote