part seven: iris

ABBA was still loudly playing throughout the yacht and disappeared with the wind as the family made their way down to the main level of the yacht to swim in the lake.

As Anne and Robin set Mary up on the deck below, they soon after jumped into the lake, Harry embarrassed watching his parents have a better time than he is.

The dance vibes had worn off and Harry found himself in the bar, fixing himself a drink as Zayn walked in.

"What're you doing bartender?" Zayn asked, sitting down across the bar watching Harry.

"Getting drunk," Harry said, bringing the drink up to his lips. Before it could touch his tongue, Zayn pulled it down quickly.

"You really have some issues don't you?" He said, snatching the glass away and putting it on the stool next to him. "You were just having a good time five minutes ago,"

"And?" Harry grabbed another glass from the shelf above, going in to fix himself another drink.

Shooting up, Zayn ran around the bar entering through the little swing gate, quickly grabbing the glass out of Harry's hand.

"What's your issue?" Harry reached up for another glass.

Zayn put the glass down on the table, and grabbed a hold of Harry's two hands.

He resisted for a minute, fighting against Zayn's downwards pull as he spat out nasty words before slowly calming down.

"What do you want Zayn?" Harry gasped silently, out of breath.

"I want you to tell me what's going on," Zayn pulled Harry's hands downwards and let go of one, bringing him out of the bar and through the left side door to a small lounge area with a curved booth, blocking from the lake.

Super Trouper was playing from the upstairs speakers and Harry could hear his parents and Nana singing and clapping along from the other side of the yacht.

Harry hummed along as Zayn watched him.

When he was done humming, Zayn spoke.

"Can I ask you my question now?"

It took Harry a moment to recollect, but once he did he shook his head. "Why?"

"Because I'm curious," Zayn said simply.

"We're not even dating," Harry said harshly. "After this week, we don't have to see each other ever again. You don't need to know everything about me. Make shit up,"

Harry immediately regretted what he said the words hit the floor.

Zayn closed his eyes and sucked in a breath. Harry was so stubborn. So he asked his question anyways.

"What happened to George?"

Harry was taken aback by this question. He didn't think Zayn would ever ask, nor be interested.

No one had ever asked this, not even Niall and Harry wouldn't dare bring it up. It didn't matter. It was no ones business anyways.

Harry hesitated, playing with the drawstrings on his swim shorts. "Why do you ask?"

Shrugging, Zayn sat down on the curved booth. "I'm just assuming he's been on your mind today. I mean, from the little information I've gathered, no one has been on this yacht since George?"

Harry didn't think Zayn was this attentive. He hated that out loud. Secretly, he loved it.

"Why do you want to know?" Was all Harry could think of. He's already said this three times. He didn't know how to stop being like this towards Zayn. Because evidently in his mind, Harry had only positive feelings for Zayn.