part five: george

Harry was sat beside Zayn at the table outside as Anne and Robin brought dinner out. It's already been a day, and Harry didn't know what to expect out of Zayn in let alone a week.

Already, Zayn had befriended his grandmother; something that not even Niall had achieved, helped Harry's parents with dinner after the two got out of the pool which simply caused Harry's parents to talk even more highly of him if that was possible, and finally, he'd given Harry butterflies. 

On multiple occasions at that. Harry tried not to think much of it but still couldn't keep it out of his head.

When Zayn and Harry were in the pool, Zayn stayed in the shallow end most of the time because he 'didn't feel like swimming but he'd do it for Harry.'

Harry felt something crazy with this boy.

Anne and Robin finally sat down with Harry, his grandmother, and Zayn, soon after dinner starting.

The conversation started light, Harry's family just asked Zayn more questions and Zayn managed to weave Harry's name into every sentence as he created an almost fake love story.

Zayn told Harry's parents that they met in a bar. Not a lie.

"A bar?" Anne scoffed, taking a bite of her salad. "I'm not surprised, Robin, honey? Are you surprised?"

Robin swallowed his food and shook his head with a laugh. "Definitely not, Harry is there every week,"

"Dad," Harry groaned, trying to keep himself out of the conversation as Zayn went on.

"I saw him when I walked in, I even saw him dancing and I knew I couldn't let someone as pretty as him dance alone," Zayn turned to Harry and smiled.

Harry's cheeks grew red. No one commented, for which Harry was grateful for. 

"I waited for him, twenty minutes to be exact and then before I was to talk to him, he came and talked to me,"

Again, not a lie. But how did Zayn know Harry was waiting that long.

"I didn't want to bombard him right away and I also wanted to see if anyone else were to go for him, just so I knew when exactly to swoop in," Zayn blushed slightly, Harry noticing. 

He didn't comment.

"He came up to the bar, asked for a straight shot of vodka... I made a snarky comment... We began chatting,"

This was half of the truth. The two didn't talk at all. In fact, Harry didn't think he was going to see Zayn ever again after that night.

Zayn continued on with some more lies, but somewhere in Zayn's eyes, sincerity showed. Harry didn't know if it was simply because he was a really good actor. Maybe it was something more?

Zayn's eyes were a mystery. 

"Harold, I almost told you to keep out of that bar!" Mary added into the conversation, gaining a laugh from Anne and Robin and an eye roll from Harry. "But if I knew lads as pretty as Zayn were going in and out of there, I'd be joining you,"

More laughter and embarrassment filled the table and the conversation soon died down. 

It was quiet for a moment before Mary spoke up once more.

"'Ve got a question for you lovey," She said, pointing to Zayn.

"Anything Mary," Zayn nodded. "Shoot,"

He put his fork down and listened attentively to what Mary had to say next. 

Harry liked this about Zayn. He gave the people he was talking to such full attention. Harry thought it was quite attractive. 

Mary finally opened her mouth and spoke: "How do gays have sex?" She asked, gaining a laugh from Anne.

"Mum!" Anne jumped, but Mary shook her head.

"I'd like to know lovey,"

Harry buried his head in his hands, but Zayn seemed to be having a bit of fun. This was horrifying.

"You really want to know Mary?" Zayn asked, his tone brightening as he intertwined his foot with Harry's underneath the table.

Fucking ridiculous. Harry rolled his eyes and quickly looked back up at his grandmother, Mum and Dad who seemed quite enthralled by Zayn's confidence.

"Why can't you be more like Zayn, Harry?" Robin spoke, Zayn, grinning in response.

At this point, Harry knew his family was fucking insane.

Zayn looked over at Harry who glared at him.

"Come on babe," Zayn spoke, cupping Harry's face and pressing kisses all over his cheek.

Harry blushed. He wasn't supposed to. 

"Is this really dinner talk?" Harry questioned, looking over at his Mum who was laughing silently.

Mary just seemed to be waiting for an answer.

"I mean, Mary is just asking a question babe," There Zayn said it again. Harry couldn't take it.

Robin stayed silent, eyeing Zayn awaiting his response.

"Let me take a guess," Mary said, sighing. "It's through-"

She pointed behind her, and Zayn nodded laughter filling the table.

Harry's grandmother usually pulled stunts like this. 

"Nana if you keep asking questions like this to any partner me and George bring to the cottage-"

Mary waved her finger at Harry. "Sh, sh, sh Harold. Zayn was about to speak,"

Zayn opened his mouth to speak but looked at Harry as if he was trying to get his approval.

"Please," Harry mouthed and Zayn shut up.

"Damnit, Harold!" Mary frowned. "Why can't we have a little fun around here?"

"We've only got one son here to bug, why don't you let us?" Robin spoke, leaning to pat Mary's shoulder. 

"Is that a sane question?" Harry chuckled sarcastically. "Why do you think George never comes, huh?"

"Now Harry! Wait a min-" Anne tried to speak, but Harry stopped her.

"Let's not do this," He said quickly and continued eating. 

The table was silent for a moment, everyone taking it in.

Zayn showed signs of confusion but no one cared to explain anything to him. 

So he broke the silence.

"Harry told me you've got a yacht," He said. "The small luxury one that belonged to your husband Mary,"

Mary looked up from her food and smiled. "Ah yes!" She said happily. "We can pull it out tomorrow, can't we Robin?"

Robin nodded. "Of course Mary. Anne, what do you say? Yacht day? We haven't done that in ages,"

"We should do it," Anne said as Robin squeezed her knee.

A day on the yacht with Zayn. 

The yacht hasn't been out since George had last come. 

This meant only good. 

a/n: I'm seeing Harry live in 3 fucking days i-

I HOPE YALL ARE ALSO ENJOYING THIS

- Alexis