Chapter twenty eight | bad dreams pt. 1

V A L E N T I N E

All through the night, I sat there waiting for the blonde haired, blue eyed boy to awaken so that his crystal orbs shimmered in the moonlight. The sadly never happened that night nor the night after that or the night after. 

For three nights and three days he stayed asleep, as I would call it, but the doctors have said he wasn't going to wake up for awhile do to his head hitting the ground after he passed out from inhaling the smoke. I cried all those nights and days and for the first time in my life I prayed to whatever higher power was up there that he would wake up and comfort me for those agonizing moments. It didn't work so I gave up and fell into a dreamless sleep with Luke's eyes haunting me. 

A strange beeping awoke me earlier in the day. Luke's heart beat had increased on the black screen of the monitor, with the green line spiking higher and higher every second, and in rushed the doctors with worried expressions which caused my heart to pick up in pace do to the fear of losing him. 

"What's happened?" 

My frantic voice yelled toward the doctors. That was a bad decision because I was forced out of the room kicking and screaming. I tried my damned hardest to break free from the strong grips of the nurses. Many people stared as I was pulled from the room with my best friend but I didn't care one bit. All I cared about was if Luke was going to be okay.

"Listen! If you don't calm down you won't ever get to see him," the nurse's words caused me to halt in my tantrum all together. I couldn't bare to never see my blonde friend again. The one person who has been there since everything begun and stopped. 

"I can't lose him too," I said to the female nurse who had said anything at all. She looked at me with pity and a motherly vibe irradiated from her bright eyes. 

These pass few days, I have cried more then I ever have in the 18 years I have been alive. I have cried so much that all my tears have quite literally made a river in the hospital room. Trying to not cry is a lot harder than it looks. Tears begun to pour down my cheeks yet again but this time it was in front of a stranger instead of the sleeping form I'm used to, and I couldn't control it anymore.

The nurse brought me into a hug and comforted me the way my mother used to after my father beat the both of us terribly. Despite the bruises, she would wrap her black and blue arms around my shivering frame. The memory made me cry harder. 

Not only did I lose my mother but I'm about to lose the love of my life too.

Then the beige door of the room opened and out came a doctor. His serious face caused me to straighten my poster and dry my tears. I couldn't read his face and that scared me.

"It seems Mr. Hemmings had a bad dream that caused his heart to race. It wasn't anything serious but you need to continue to talk to him. I have noticed that your voice calms him a lot more than any of our medical ways."

"So he's okay?"

"Yes, for now."