Bonus | alternate ending

alternate ending

"Stop where you are, Nikolas!" I screamed and push Valentine further behind me. The man's veiny hand slipped inside his pocket and felt around for quite awhile.

"You must be joking. What are you going to do to stop me?"

Just as Nikolas said that, something black and shiny flashed from the opening in his trousers. Oh no. A gun.

"Valentine get back!"

I pushed forward and tackled Nikolas to the ground as quickly as possible as I felt a sharp pain in my side. I ignored it and continued to handle Val's corrupt father. I had him pinned and the gun slid across the tiled floor and hit the bed pole. I pressed the man's hands to the ground with all of my mite as I started to give instructions to Valentine.

"Go get help! Now, baby! Please!"

Valentine's teary face turned pink as she shook her head, her black hair quivering as her head did, but she stayed in her spot. Nikolas' smile was still there as his stubborn daughter didn't listen.

"You think she still loves you? That's laughable," he cackled as my hands pushed his bulky shoulders to the ground with more force then before. "She's gonna leave you just like her mother left me."

"Stop!" Valentine's voice cracked as she yelled at her father. "I will never stop loving Luke. He got me through all the shit you put me in. I hate you for that and that's why mom left. She couldn't stand your bullshit anymore."

Nikolas' face was red and he struggled so hard against my arms but I wouldn't let him up.

Valentine's eyes flashed to the gun and she slowly walked over to the metal object. She picked it up and pointed the gun at her father. He stiffened in my grip but grinned. I quickly got up with my fingers clamped around the back of the man's neck. I then pushed him far away from me, on the other side of the hospital room. Nikolas' menacing smile was still there as he raised his hands in surrender.

"Father like Daughter, huh, Valentine?"

"No! You see, I'm different from you," the look in Valentine's eyes scared me. Her immortality seemed to vanish, her sanity gone. "I have a reason to kill you."

"Valentine, don't, baby," I had to interfere, if not Valentine would be lost and guilty after she killed her dad. Her eyes flashed to me with Nikolas' gun still pointed at him. "You will regret it."

Tears filled her eyes as she shook he head, ridden me from her mind.

"He'll keep coming back if we don't kill him now," her grip tightened around the weapon, her finger hovering over the trigger. Nikolas still wore that shit-eating grin as he was witnessing Valentine's mental breakdown. "And I won't let him hurt us anymore, Luke. Never."

Everything happened too quick. The piercing sound of a bullet traveling 60 meters per second straight at Nikolas. And then a thud. Her father was sprawled across the floor dead and Valentine's face contorted in a painful smile as her grey orbs melted into my eyes.

"We can finally be together, Luke."

0-0-0

The Epilogue should be out shortly, but know that this part isn't what happened in the story. This is just an alternate and will not be mentioned in the epilogue. Thank you for reading!