Chapter twenty | what are friends for

"yeah he's kinda hot and he's okay... and he's irrelevant" how dare you Calvin Hook! i don't appreciate your sexiness

"Wow," is what Luke said as the pair sprung apart, much like the two of us did a few seconds ago. Twenty Four looked at the both of us with wide eyes, apparently not expecting anyone to know about this place. Officer Hood was blushing at the fact to of the "not so crazy" patients found him in a desperate act, latching onto a girl's mouth. "I didn't know you were screwing the guard."

This caused Twenty Four to turn red and Mr Hood to turn redder. She turned to the Officer, not quite sure what to say, and then back to Luke and I.

"I didn't know you two we're screwing either," Twenty Four attempted to lighten the tense atmosphere with a tiny smirk, pointing to the two of us. "I saw it coming though."

Luke didn't blush but I did. My cheeks turned crimson as my lips parted as if to say something but nothing came out. Luke looked the most composed out of us four and I was beginning to question it. He smirked also as he glanced at me, seeing me and blushing mess. I couldn't help the fact that my cheeks were as red as an apple, but I didn't want people to notice.

I cleared my throat and stood from my position on the floor, my crimson face still evident as ever. I dusted my black jeans off and straightened my white shirt that had crinkled near my breasts. Turning to look at Luke, I put my hand out for him to grab to be pulled up. He took my tiny hand into his large one and I pulled him up, him doing all the work on his own just the same.

"Well it's been fun," I said, turning to the exit which Twenty four and the officer were standing in front of. "But we must be going, so you can continue whatever was going on here."

I grabbed Luke's hand and begun to rush out off the closed off room. Before we ran down the hall, Twenty four stopped us.

"Wait," we both paused and looked to the girl that was still awkwardly standing in the doorway of the abandoned room. "Please don't tell anyone about Calum and I."

Calum? Oh that must be Officer Hood's first name.

Calum looked to us expectantly, his big, brown eyes some what innocent. I nodded my head, "Of course, Twenty four. What are friends for if they can't keep secrets?"

She smiled and nodded her head once before saying, "And don't worry, I won't tell anybody about you and Lucas."

I laughed and Luke scowled as she called him "Lucas" for that wasn't his name. Our hands were intertwined and I smiled at the thoughts of Luke and I together. Of us actually having a future instead of living in this terrible hospital for the rest of our lives. There was a fluttering feeling in my heart when I looked at Luke. I was being to see him and a totally new way, and for once I didn't mind it.